G@H problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G@H problem?

Is anyone else haveing a problem uploading to G@H?

Their web pages are comeing up fine. But I can't seem to transfer compleated WU's. My ISP has been haveing problems the last few weeks so I am just as likely to blame them. But first I wanted to know if anyone else is haveing this problem?

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie
    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Same here, Mark.
    Not only does uploading go very slow, but downloading a Unit costs me a long time as well.

I usually have to switch lots of ISPs to get and send one

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Same problem here.
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Want my unit as well, CHHAS?

I can't upload at the moment, nor download, so I expect Genome to start crunching my 60aa in a moment again

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Looks like we're not the only ones... every one is affected. Check G@H's discussion group

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 16 March 2001).]
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Heh, my Celeron is on it's 2nd run of the same unit and my Duron is on it's 3rd or 4th

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I just got a new Unit... couldn't send the old one though... as long as I stay ahead of CHHAS... lol

Btw, I didn't send a new unit back today (16th of March), yet Martin's pages said I did... wonder why?

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Isn't it because the stats page is updated more than once per day, so units can change day depending on the time interval shown ?
                Just an idea ...

Comment

Same problem here, just noticed it in the last half hour. Can't seem to download a new unit to work on.

Still, so long as its not just me that has the problem I will stay ahead of Jorden and CHHAS <g>

(spykey)
                  XP1800+ MSI 746Ultra 256Mb Corsair PC2700 MSI GF4800SE SBLive! WD 80GB 7200 DVD CDRW

Comment

grmbl...

When do you guys deliver the goods? I tried multiple times, but am rerunning yet another time...

Edit: I lost 4 genes already crunched. How I don't know, but they weren't sent
                    I got a new Unit in and since that time my other 4 units (2 seperate genes, crunched 2 times) were gone from the folder ...

I'm going to copy my next outfiles to a seperate folder. That's for sure

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 18 March 2001).]
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well, from what I've read, it's not the servers, but Stanford's network that is having the problems. Go take a look at their graphs and you'll see they've had a large influx of users the past few days. I've rarely had problems connecting to the servers. When I do a traceroute to their server, everything shows up good. I guess it all depends on the route your ISP takes to the server.

Comment

I've lost the 2 genes I did on the Celeron, they just disappeared
                        I mamaged to send in 3 results yesterday, but I'm quite sure that I've done more than that ...

Comment

How do you re-crunch (if thats a word!) a unit you've already crunched?

When the program finishes a unit, it sends in the results (doesn't seem to be a problem with that), and then it keeps trying to download new work. Its at this point that I am unable to connect. But the program won't do anything else, it just keeps trying to get a new unit.

This is very frustrating, as I am spending as much time trying to download units as I am crunching!
                          XP1800+ MSI 746Ultra 256Mb Corsair PC2700 MSI GF4800SE SBLive! WD 80GB 7200 DVD CDRW

Comment

Just stop it from sending in the result, it should try for 20 minutes and then start over, if you send the result you have to get a new unit.

Comment

Working...
                            X