Team Stats 18.02.2001

MURC member news:
    MadMaxIII -521

Kim

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team!
    View the exciting stats
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Thanks Kim

That sucks man... Might I add that this would be a good time to join Genome@Home, we're moving up in the ranks!

Nope, this is pretty bad indeed...

Bye!
    Fred

Comment

Mmmm. 1st

You mean down to 20 in Genome@home.

Comment

It seems Butcher has left the team with 11290 WUs.
        P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
        Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

WHAT!

Comment

Major bummer!

Fred

Comment

He has defected to <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=IBM">IBM</A>

Comment

I don't see him in MU or IBM - where is he?!

Paul.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hummm
                  Maybe it's all that talk of everyone considering moving to a new project.
                  Maybe he will be the first of many?
                  Only time will tell.
                  It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                  Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I'm not sure that it's everyone considering moving to a new project, after all, there's 3 people who returned WUs at Genome!

And I don't really know where everyone is going to go since there really isn't anywhere to go! Every board seems to suffer from a slowdown, even Ars's.

Fred

EDIT: typos, typos, again

[This message has been edited by -=Narcissus=- (edited 19 February 2001).]

Comment

Interesting cross-post from ArsTechnica:

Look at the total users graph from SETI@home:

The spike can be explained from the site :
                      <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Note: On February 6, 2001, we decided to change the definition of "active user" from a user who has returned at least one result in the past 14 days to a user who has returned at least one result in the past 28 days. This is because version 3.03, which became mandatory on Febrary 1, 2001, takes significantly longer to process, and result times began falling beyond the 14-day window.</font>
                      People a really going elsewhere, but not always to other DC projects. I know I almost left everything... Keep in mind that some of you got a 2 hour slowdown, but my WU times went from 9 to 20 hours. And I'm not alone.

Fred

PS: By the way Rattledagger, Genome is back up to 17th.

EDIT: Typos again

[This message has been edited by -=Narcissus=- (edited 19 February 2001).]

Comment

Hmm. I saw him there. I think he may have changed his name. I did see "Butcher" listed there with 11290 and 5hr something avg time. I think it is "RCrockford" now. Same WUs (well, 11295 as of this post), same avg time.

Comment

Narcissus

Interesting info you have their ,could you throw us a link?[edit]don't worry ,found it

BTW sorry to hear that you lost such a big member ,we noticed your huge loss of WU's in our stats

------------------
                          I guess I won't recruit for my team here Team Anandtech

[This message has been edited by Assimilator1 (edited 22 February 2001).]
                          Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
                          2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Working...
                          X