3.03 mandatory date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.03 mandatory date

From alt.sci.seti (subject: mandatory update?) by Matt Lebofsky [one of the developers of S@H) 03.01.2000 22.54 GMT+1

We will start making the version mandatory starting as early as this week.
    We need to make some tweaks to our server to make the version warning
    messages work properly. We had a bug where people downloaded 3.03,
    finished their work unit and sent it back, and then their version was
    "obsoleted" by accident. How annoying. This'll be fixed and tested today
    or tomorrow. Then the mandatory upgrade messages will start, and a
    couple weeks down the line we're shutting down the old clients by shutting
    them down at the router (via a DNS switcheroo).

FYI, over 25% of our current results are coming in from 3.03 clients.

- Matt - SETI@home
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

I just switched all my machines over to 3.03, expect to see a bit of a drop in my output...

Comment

With RoyceyBaby safely behind I shall start the changeover today. Should be finished by weekend. (5 different locations)
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Finnaly. Since I upgraded to 3.03 I stepped down 5 places and by the looks of it it will get worse

Comment

I'm hanging on to v3.0 CLi until the last moment.
          A remote client I had running v2.04 had an 'update' message the other day but all my v3.0's are OK so far.

------------------
          I guess I won't recruit for my team here Team Anandtech
          Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
          2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

None of my PC's over at Sony are crunching anymore, not even when they aren't used. I decided to delete all entries of 3.03, because it was slowing down those machines too much.

Many of them run batch-jobs even through the night, and with version 1.06 and 2.04 they could do the job. Not with 3.0 or 3.03

So I'm at a standstill again. Probably my last one. Whatever the amount of WU's I have will be my last I crunched.

Until I find faster machines, that can do the job while running Langdon- and SAP batch jobs.

So for the moment, goodbye

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

My PCs at work today were greeting me with a nice message telling me that ver 3.0 no longer works and 3.03 was mandatory...

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by SteveC:
                My PCs at work today were greeting me with a nice message telling me that ver 3.0 no longer works and 3.03 was mandatory...

</font>
                I got the same messages, too. The units submitted was counted toward my toatl ,however. I am holding to the very last moment with 3.01 or until Seti-Q and Seti-Driver come out with their 3.03 compatible revisions.

Comment

Working...
                X