Drafting out a welcome email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting out a welcome email

Anyone have any ideas of what to put in a welcome email? Obviously links to the forum, and the sites run by myself and Martin (Ees), but what about a general welcoming message?

And who likes the idea of a mailing list?

Paul.

------------------
    The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)
    PaceCentral | Seti
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Ok! MSN RULEZ!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Since I'm the 1D10T who bought the whole stupid thing up... here ya go. And yes I don't like the idea of mailing list - forum seems quite sufficient.

Max

To err is human, but to really screw things up requires a computer.

<WELCOME>
      Subject: Welcome to the SETI@MURC
      Dear %n,
      On behalf of all members of the SETI@MURC I would like to welcome you to our team. This message will describe the facilities that are available to the team members such as: places to go for team and personal stats, how to get in touch with fellow teammates or how to get information and tips on using SETI@Home software in a most efficient (read FASTEST) manner. This e-mail is the first and the last one you will receive from us – all team news are announced in the team’s own forum and web site. I hope that you’ll become an active member of our multitalented, multicultural and incredibly cool team.

<DO LINKS AND DESCRIPTIONS>
      With warm regards,

Paul a.k.a. Pace
      </WELCOME>

Comment

Max! Pace and I have actualy wined about this for the last 6(well I actualy asked in late Dec last year) months now! And finaly we have a chance to put this together!

BTW don't like the: "This e-mail is the first and the last one you will receive from us" part!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
        X