OMFG!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMFG!!!!!

I just found out that my co-worker's buddy, who is a sysadmin at a University, is going to setup seti for our team The best part about it is:

1. He has 90 machines Most are very new and most are Sun machines.

2. He will be using the Team Narc account

3. he will be there through the end of 2001

I truely hope this works out. It'll probably start in the next few weeks. Maybe next week. Thank the gods for this one. I think I'll cry [snif, snif]

Look out butcher, if this works out we will shut you down MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

He should join Pace3000...

Oh well, I tried with a convincing and resounding argument.
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

Cool!

However, Dave, don't you think you should be using your own account for this

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

If only I had access to some of our high end servers. We have two of these sitting on our raised floor. 64 CPUs each. Imagine the crunching these puppies could do. Of course we also have a few dozen of these, and stacks and stacks of these and these. I gotta work on a transfer...

------------------
        Andrew
        Carpe Cerevisi
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

agallag where do you work?

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I am working hard on getting our Cluster project to work. I will soon be adding the cluster (4 pIII-667 for the moment) and the two worldy machines to the project :-)

Two bad my boss has taken over the SUN machines (including some quads). At least, I still have a loyal sparc10 that I can use.
            Salmonius

Comment

Guru, I work for a bank. I'm in R&D. The good machines are all in production, and therefore I wouldn't want to be putting seti on them even if I could. I'm sure it would be a huge security issue.

You should see some of the stuff we've got in our main computer center though. The most impressive stuff is the backup system for the big mainframes (much bigger than any of those sun systems). The tape silos are all 8 feet high and 12 feet in diameter, and we've got about 18 of them. Each silo holds several hundred tapes, several gigs per tape, and they're all shuffled by robotic arms. The value of all the equipment in that one building would be well into the billions of dollars. Seriously. It's a sight to behold

------------------
              Andrew
              Carpe Cerevisi
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

WAHOO!! (Once again!)

Way to go Dave!!!

And by the way, Salmonius is in Team Narc too, so you guys better watch out!

Ok, now I REALLY think that it's time for a name change... I'm the most insignificant part of the team!

I would think that 90 computer could compensate for Butcher's fourth quad Xeon...

Keep on crunching!
                Fred

Comment

Can somebody please explain these sub-groups to me?

90 machines? wtf
                  What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

You can setup as many machines as you want under your account. So if you've got an old 486 lying around, then set it up with Seti and username oldoldtimers@hotmail.com - this will submit it to the Old Timers sub-group in MURC!

It's not really a sub-team thing but we use it as such. I'd like Seti to actually do something like this, so that I could get more of my friends under a Pace3000 subteam (some of them don't like MURC! Or even M!).

I don't think they will however, so using this multiple PC to 1 account method will have to do!

Paul.
                    Meet Jasmine.

Comment

We'll see... As long as Andy doesn't get back past me I'm happy

Comment

Why would anyone want to give their wu's away to you, sides, its under your name!
                        that means you take credit for their moves man.

This does sound kinda interesting, if you know what I mean.. hint hint..
                        What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Zyn: Yea, it makes the stats pages a wee bit more interesting when you are in a sub-team

The "Old Timers" account was setup by Guru to get more older PCs working on the MURC cause! This means MURC get's the credit, you get listed on the forum as being a special contributer, and your main account work unit times aren't damaged by 486s!

Good idea methinks! So, if you've got any old machines lying around, get them crunching for Old Timers! (or you're own account!)

Paul.
                          Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Working...
                          X