ntlworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ntlworld

Anybody out there using ntlworld as an isp.

I can't get a connection at home at all now, using win me & nt command v3 client.

This has been happening now for a week.
    I know they use a proxy cache for all port 80 access, could this be causing my problems.

-Also, anyone use there cable modem service, £25 a month doesn't seem too bad for 512k access, is it any good.

breezer

Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

I use ntlworld, haven't been having any connection problems. To speed up your http access you might want to try the following webcache: webcache.bt.net:8080 the ntl caches are notoriously slow and unreliable.

I've just signed up for the cable modem service, £25 a month including £5 modem rental. I've got the modem, just waiting for the line to be installed on Saturday, I'll be able to tell you more then.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 29 November 2000).]

Comment

Same here Breezer, my main workstation (though possibly my slowest one at the moment) ran out of WUs today, and was left for several hours idle.

I finally managed to get a few WUs down though, but I'll need to get some more soon before they all run out.

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Post here before they run out!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well managed to fill my cache, it's only 25Wus for 3 machine's at the moment, so I'll need to increase it (and soon!)

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Well having said I had no problems last night I did. Couldn't connect at all until gone midnight then I was able to fully refresh my cache

Comment

i'm going to email myself some units from work.
              I cant rely on ntl to connect.

Thanks for your info on the cable modem ant, now I wonder if they will turn up this weekend, it took them 3 tries at my house when they put the phone in...

breezer

Comment

I only get home a weekends so I'll try the bt cache tomorrow.

breezer

Comment

I had the same connection problems again last night, however I switched to the http proxy I mention above and got straight through.

Comment

Working...
                  X