help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Hi,i would like to join your SETI team but gotta get some help first as my average crunch times are about 8.5 hours for each wu,so first off fsb does the speed of your ram dictate how high the fsb can go?(as i can only get my fsb to 103mhz)thanks for any help

my system:
    Athlon 700mhz (not o/c)
    Abit ka7 (with latest Via drivers)
    128mb ram (100mhz)
    Matrox G400 max 32mb

------------------
    sci-fi chat
    sci-fi chat

Welcome aboard wintz! Glad to have a new member

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thanks Helevitia,but i will not be knocking the wu out like the rest of you do till i get my system sorted,surley i should be doing them faster then iam

------------------
      sci-fi chat
      sci-fi chat

Comment

Hi Wintz - you can start by checking the latest version of Guru's optimisation guide on the dedicated SETI@MURC website. You should be getting better times than that anyway, even at 700 I'd think!

As for the FSB question, there could be several limiting factors, the CPU, the cooling, the motherboard or, indeed, the RAM. If possible, try switching components with someone else who is trying to overclock - that way you might be able to find if your RAM is holding you back.

Paul.

------------------
        The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)
        PaceCentral | Seti
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Thanks for the help Pace,i`m a really newbie when it comes to getting the best outta my machine i did check out some of the page you said but gotta little lost with some of the stuff but i did do some changers which have helped,as for trying to swap parts with someone else that i can`t do as i don`t know anyone else thats in to pc`s so i`m stuck there thanks

------------------
          sci-fi chat
          sci-fi chat

Comment

Working...
          X