Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pace who has been..... (please read)

deleting files from your site?

EDIT: the files removed were GUI 3.0, CLI 3.0, SetiSpy exe & .zip!
    ------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 18 November 2000).]
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Strange no reply maybe he found ET and they abducted him and deleted all his seti files!

------------------

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well it wasn't me! Don't quite know what's wrong...

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I got a e-mail yesterday reporting the links being dead! When I checked the files had been deleted! Does anyone else have access?

------------------

Comment

I doubt we've done anything wrong on the hosting but I'll go check and see how much bandwidth we've used etc.

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Pace what ver of d.w.are you using to update the pages? If they don't allow zip or exe files how about renaming them to .renametoexe and .renametozip ?

------------------

Comment

Guru: Dreamweaver 3 - <a href="http://www.macromedia.com">Macromedia can supply you with it</a><a href="http://www.geocities.com/cain89ujy/data/frame.html?signedup=signedup">.</a>

Do you plan to use the current 'fix' for the files permanently or is it just short term? (no pressure )

I must admit I did like seeing how many people downloaded off of the site (I take it you can't get stats for your pages?)

Paul.

Edit: Oops, my link wasn't working

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 20 November 2000).]
              Meet Jasmine.

Comment

At the moment I have no problems with free space! My friend that uses the same ISP had 1.8Gb with warez on his page for over a year before they started complaining! And he was 1775Mb over the maximum allowed limit!!! So I thnk we can make it permanent or until we find a bether plase to keep them! www.setiatmurc.com anyone?

------------------

Comment

I think I may have found the answer. It could be possible that the hosting doesn't allow Zip files or executables on the hosting. The case for a move to seti.matroxusers.com seems stronger now!

I like F2S because I have complete control over it myself and can give out the FTP password to who I choose. I also get very nice statistics about site hits etc done by Webalizer.

I think I can also set up mail accounts if anyone wants one! (only people who perform slightly administrative functions please apply )

Paul.
                  Meet Jasmine.

Comment

You are absolutely right Pace. They only allow certain filetypes. Bugger, but on the other hand, you get complete cgi and php support @f2s... very nice.
                    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                    X