Here's my machine count for the long weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my machine count for the long weekend

It's a long weekend for we bankers in canada (rememberance day, like veterans day in the US, is tomorrow, so we get monday off), so I have a bunch of extra machines running. Here's the list:

1x P2-350MHz/100MHzFSB/512KB cache/Win2K
    1x P3-550Mobile/100/512/Win2K
    1x P3-650Mobile/100/256/Win2K
    1x P3-550/100/512/Solaris7
    1x Sun Ultra10/440MHz UltraSparc2/Solaris7
    4x P3-550/100/512/WinNT
    2x P3-550/100/512/Win2K
    7x P3-733/133/256/Win2K
    4x P3-800Xeon/133/256/WinNT

That's right, 22 machines worth approx. 14GHz. Tuesday morning will be the mother of all uploads

------------------
    Andrew
    Carpe Cerevisi
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hmmm I have
      6x Dual RS/6000 200MHz Power3s (4Mb cache), 3Gb, AIX
      1x Dual P2-450Xeon (512k cache), 512Mb, NT4
      2x Quad P3-700Xeon (model A, 2Mb cache), 8Gb, Win2k[AS]
      1x P3-733, 256Mb, Linux
      1x p3-667 @ 750 (not 24/7), 256Mb, 150FSB, Win2k

think I have more or less than you Andy?

EDIT: Added some more details

[This message has been edited by Butcher (edited 12 November 2000).]

Comment

!!!!
        Feed me !

Comment

Yours only work out to 10GHz, but I'm not sure of the ability of those power3 machines. How fast can they get through a wu?

------------------
          Andrew
          Carpe Cerevisi
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

They're only running 2.4 (due to lack of a v3 client for AIX), but they go through a WU in about 7 hours (per processor that is). The xeon 450s are about the same, 3-4 for the xeon 700s, about 6 for the other two.

Comment

Well, it looks like you kept your promise. I think that might be the biggest dump (excusez le mot) we've seen so far.

You should plan something like this for the X-mas weekend...

Martin

Comment

There might have been more, but my cache of 275 units ran out sometime on monday. I'll make sure I make better calculations for the xmas weekend

------------------
                Andrew
                Carpe Cerevisi

Comment

heh, I'm off for a week at xmas so I'm going to try and get as many boxes as possible running over that week... I should be able to get my normal test boxes running (currently 3 quad xeon 700s, a 4th to be added when it gets fixed), and hopefully a few others too

Comment

Working...
                  X