BeOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeOS

yo, does anyone have any info about BeOS and coming out of drivers for the marvel g400? i saw some stuff about drivers for the g400, but i'm assuming this would be for the millenium. In addition, would we have to use something other than pc-vcr for capturing? or will there be a version for that?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you

check out www.beos.com hardware compatibility and whatnot. They will have drivers for the g400 and RR-G. Obviously, PCVCR will not work in BeOS cuz it wasn't written for wind0ze code. They'll have something else in it for capturing and whatnot, seeing how they call it a "media OS". I can't wait till the sucker is out!

Comment

A friend of mine has an Intel video capture device, and it worked SWEET in BeOS. He had a window showing the capture, in preview and in progress (as it was capturing), and it was running equally as smooth during both operations. After seeing BeOS capture video, I almost forgot what the term "dropped frames" means

Okay, I exagurate, of course, but BeOS can capture analog with great stability and performance. I just can't wait untill better DV support is available... then the Media OS will show all those Windows fanatics how to REALLY process media... on the fly

BeOS also uses a really cool feature called Translators. Translators are basically codecs that BeOS provides to individual programs. So if you have an M-JPEG codec on your BeOS machine, any program that supports Video Translators also supports M-JPEG.

Most translators are write AND read, but some are only read (usually newer, experimental ones. Once they're fully developed, they become read and write translators).

Comment

Working...
      X