WU time observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WU time observations

I've got a P3 cA2 at 6.5x124, RAM at 2-2-2.
    The run of the mill WU: 2.849 TeraFLOPs Angle Range 0.417 it does in 4h 40m.
    Rule of thumb is, the lower the TeraFLOPs and the higher the Angle Range, the faster it goes and vice versa.
    Once in a while I get a WU at 2.41/42/43 TeraFLOPs at an extremely low Angle Range eg. 0.032/0.01 or thereabouts. This unit will take 6h 15m.

On my P3 cB0 at 7.5x138, RAM at 2-2-2 where the average WU runs at 4h 0m, the forementioned "difficult" WU actually runs a few minutes faster than the average.

Ponder, ponder....any ideas?
    Imagine a SetiQueue that intelligently distributes WUs depending on hardware configuration.

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team!
    View the exciting stats
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Any ideas?

You're studying higher mathematics?
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Talking about WU tmes im still interested in athlon averages with the ne client!

------------------
      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
      X