AIX Seti Proxy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIX Seti Proxy?

Anyone know of a seti proxy for AIX. I have two spare dual cpu boxes that never do anything due to their lack of netowrking.. they have routing to 6 other (AIX) machines only. Those 6 all have external routing so could pick up seti units etc. So basically I need a program for AIX that will let me use one of the other machines as a proxy :/

Is there not a Windows machine available on the network? If so, use SetiQ and point the others to the Windows machine as the proxy.

I think Rattledagger knows about this - there's a guide in the forum and I'm working on getting it up on the site.

Paul.

------------------
    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
    Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

You can use setiproxy. It's a proxy in Java that should work anywhere (I've used it on Linux; AIX shouldn't be a problem either).

Martin

Comment

Is there not a Windows machine available on the network? If so, use SetiQ and point the others to the Windows machine as the proxy.
        Not that I can route to sadly, if I could route to a windows proxy I'd route to the site webproxy and just use that :P

You can use setiproxy. It's a proxy in Java that should work anywhere (I've used it on Linux; AIX shouldn't be a problem either).
        These machines don't have java installed, and also I want something minimal overhead on the proxy machine...

I'm currently trying to setup a socks proxy on one of the AIX boxes that routes out to the site socks proxy and on our to the net but I'm being hampered by the machines not having any form of host lookup and seti wanting to lookup a host even if you supply it an ip address (which is really dumb).

Comment

Put the hostname its trying to lookup in its /etc/hosts file

Or you mount one of the disconnected machines drives on the proxy, run seti on that drive and get the proxy to check every so often if the unit is complete and get a new one if it is

Comment

That's both of them up
            All being well this means an extra 16WU/day for me... let's see that's, uh, 112WU/week from these two, not bad for dual 200MHz boxes running seti 2.4

Comment

Well I'm trying Raptor^'s suggestion now... So far I have one of the two machines crunching, dunno if the auto work unit pickup will work till it finishes (I picked up the first when I registered), guess I'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully though this means 2 new dual CPU fully 24/7 (they're never used due to the highly ****ed networking) boxes!

Comment

Sadly the seti proxying hasn't worked at all for these two machines...

However they got their gigabit ethernet installed today and now have routing, so I can just use the normal webproxy

Comment

Working...
                X