Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little question

Hi,

I use the client version of seti (not the gli one) and I'd like to know if there's a way to set this version to dw more than one WU.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

What OS are you using? You can use setidriver for win2k or 98.
    Setidriver
    If you're running 98 then you're not using 2 processors in which case running 2 "instances is unadvisable as it would be terribly slow (you would produce more work units by running one instance with a single processor) and probably render your machine almost to slow to use.
    in win2k if you're using 2 procs just set setidriver to 2 in the "maximum processes" field. Check out this page for a good tweak guide. http://www.setiatmurc.f2s.com/

Pete

Comment

You can save some time if you download data for 10 WUs at a time [they will be done one at a time, but will connect with the SETI server only once, thus saving time.

Also, sometimes the server goes down, when that happens and you have extra WUs to carry you through, this saves time and you can crunch more WUs that way.

There are people here that can explain the process better than I can. Hopefully someone will help you with the details of how to do it.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. This software will be a great help since I have to be there to connect my PC on the net and since I'm almost alway at school during the day I couldn't do much WU.

I'm using W98SE with a single 700E processor.

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

BTW- Do you happen to belong to any teams?
          This a great one

Comment

A team, I don't know.... I joined the matrox users group at seti.matroxusers.com... my rank is 491 for now.

Sorry if it took that much time to answer, but my damn monitor broke 3 hours ago. The worst is that there are no repair point in quebec city for viewsonic monitors.... seem I have to send it to montreal for repair.

Comment

Great!
              That was the team I was talking about

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X