Recruiting new members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting new members...

I was over at TA reading some threads and noticed that they are actively recruiting new members from other Forum topics. I think this is a great idea as some people may not know that seti exists or they are afraid to particpate becaues they don't quite understand what is going on. I don't want to post OT stuff in other threads though. what do you folks think of this?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I don't think it's allowed in this forum!
    However you could try in other forus that does not have a seti team! Firingsquad, sharkyextreme (dare I name it) tomshardware (oush that hurt), or some of the forums found on setiweb.org!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It is perfectly acceptable to have a recruitment drive across all of the murc forums if someone wants to do it.

Comment

Thanks Ant! and Thanks Pace for doing the actual footwork

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

How about making joining SETI@MURC a part of registering for the forums.
          chuck

Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

How about some kind of an incentive to join?

I am sure if we get our heads together we could do some brain storming.

As far as attracting new or non-participating members from MURC forums, an offer of a nice certificate of appreciation for using their computer to help our team would be great.

We could make a much nicer certificate than SETI@home offers.

For example, the nebula in the center of SETI@home certificate is pathetic. How many of you have seen M20, especially from the Hubble Space Telescope?

We could use that as a background and superimpose the certificate statement over it and/or around it.

[This message has been edited by Swing (edited 29 October 2000).]

Comment

Here is a picture of M20. I have enhanced the original then reduced the size to post it here.

There are other Nebulas that are outstanding as well and may be better suited for a certificate.

M20 from HST:

Comment

Working...
              X