Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agallag, breezer, how many machines do you guys have running the seti clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agallag, breezer, how many machines do you guys have running the seti clients?

I was just wondering how many machines you guys were using to get the kind of output you're getting. I'm using 1 dual xeon(1meg) machine and 1 dual p3 700 machine at home plus 4 workstations with p3 procs(2-450's,1-400,1-600) and produced 84 wu's (#25) this time. Just curios what kind of hardware it takes to produce 200+ WU's in a week.
    Thanks
    Pete

[This message has been edited by rocketmanx (edited 16 October 2000).]

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000446.html

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks Guru
      I'm still curios about agallag and breezer.
      I must be losing a lot to the fact that the only machine doing seti solely (somewhat) is my xeon machine. The rest of the machines are being used about 12-14 hours a day and occasionally one of my employees will turn their machine off for the night and I don't catch it 'til the morning.
      Pete

[This message has been edited by rocketmanx (edited 16 October 2000).]

Comment

My count goes like this, all running CLI3.0 and SetiDriver:

1x P2-350 (home machine - W2K)
        1x Mobile P3-650 ThinkPad (main work machine - W2K)
        1x Mobile p3-500 ThinkPad (department's spare - W2K)
        5x P3-550 Dell workstations (three NT4 and 2 W2K)
        4x P3-800Xeon compaq ML530 servers (NT4)

My production will fall off a little this week, since the spare laptop is in use, and one of the compaqs is going into production. The rest should still be going full steam ahead 24x7 (except my personal thinkpad that is off while commuting).

I sometimes add two additional compaqs over weekends, but recently they've been under pretty serious load so I didn't want to risk it.

------------------
        Andrew

I will not torment the emotionally frail

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 16 October 2000).]
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I am emotionally frail, and you are tomenting me!

I only have a few running -

My home machine - P3-700
          My Work machine - Celery 500

Machine at work - PII-450
          Machine at work - PII-350
          Machine at work - PII-350

Not all work machines at 24x7 - some get turned off and so I'd say average of 24x5

They didn't like me putting seti@home on our dual xeon servers - we've got a few! So I haven't dared risk it.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Since I've been tormenting a lot of emotionally frail people lately, I've decided to change my sig. What do you think?

------------------
            Andrew
            I will finish what I sta
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks Agallag
              I just added a p3 700 and another 450 to my workforce. My controller wants to know what the little sattelite is for I have 5 p3500 laptops plus mine that I'm now I could add but My salesmen take them home all week and I unfortunately don't get an opportunity to upload and download wu's on a regular basis.
              BTW- I just checked 3 machines here and found that they have had about 16 wu's waiting to send and I had auto transmit turned off because we were having isp problems last week. DUH-
              Pete

Comment

I'm a bit short on machines at the moment,
                1 p733 24/7
                3 athlon650 24/7
                1 p400 24/7

I get use of 7 p733 in the evening sometimes.

I'm in the process of moving house at the moment and am not spending a lot of time on seti.

breezer
                Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Working...
                X