At last, NT-cmd ver. 3 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last, NT-cmd ver. 3 is out!

The i386-NT-cmd is out on the normal mirrors. For all win9x and NT-users that don't run gui-version, this is the upgrade.
    Note, it's only the i386-version that's out, the non-intel-version isn't out yet, but is probably coming soon.
    If you're running any older i386-version you must upgrade to this new version before 20. November 2000.

The reason they aren't posted to the web-page also, is that ftp.cdrom.com takes some hours before the files are mirrored. The files is currently only awailable on the berkeley-mirrors.

As yet, no results got, so I don't know anything about the speed.

The mirrors are:
    ftp://serendip.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/
    ftp://setidata.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/
    ftp://alien.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/
    ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/setiathome/

Note, this is the only places you legally can obtain seti@home, it's illegal to re-distribute any of the clients.

Thanx!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Where did you find this cut-off date of 11/20?

Comment

I didn't find the cut-off-date anyplace, but for the previously released v3-clients the cut-off-date is 11. November. Since the NT-version is released a week later, I added some days.
        The actual cut-off-date will stand on the download-page then this is upgraded tomorrow, Monday, and will probably be as I wrote before 20. November. It can also be the same as the others, 11. November.

Comment

Don't want to start any rumors but setispy is now reporting the estimated time after 6% to bee 3h 33min on a unit that tok me 6h 37min to compleat with 2.4! This is run on my p3 450@558!

------------------
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

15% done estimated time 5h 17min! So far I have found 3 pulses and 1 triplet!

------------------

Comment

Keep us posted Guru! I've forgot to finish of my GUI3 unit today and I'm leaving CLI running for the moment.

Paul.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Since in ver.3 the speed depends on a units angle-range, you must run some units before you can say anything on the average speed.
                You should fairly fast get two groups of results, fast and slow. The fast group is notably faster than earlier versions, while the slow group is probably slower than ver. 2. Note, this comment is based on the beta-gui-clients, and the final gui-version. I haven't any results with the cmd-client yet, and comparable to before probably not before Tuesday.
                I will guess you must run at least 10 different wu before you can average with ver. 3.

Comment

Something new?

------------------

Comment

So we could have one account uploading the fast ones and another the slow ones to top those charts

Paul.

------------------
                    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
                    Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
                    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
                    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Ran a wu to partial completion with both 3.0 cmdline and GUI 2.70. When run to around 30% completion, the GUI client is around 4% faster. This is a fast wu, around 3 hr 20 min to completion with the GUI 2.70 (my estimate) on my PIII 800 @ 950.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 09 October 2000).]

Comment

I know that 1 result is generally meaningless for evaluating speed issues, but my first 3.0 CLI unit processed about 5% faster than the fastest of the the 10 units crunched using the 3.0 GUI. I hope its a forecast of good things to come.

Comment

K then.. here are my cli v3 results so far
                          system specs as below (CAS 3), OS Win2k

A/Range Time(hours)
                          0.524 3.178
                          0.417 4.469
                          0.435 4.442
                          0.715 4.325

Fastest results ever with cli2.4 was 5.3 hours

I read somewhere which angle ranges were supposed to be fast/slow, but can't remember now

------------------
                          P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

[This message has been edited by Raptor^ (edited 09 October 2000).]

Comment

www.teamlambchop.com

------------------

Comment

Well, a little report on my first results.
                              I've only done fast units yet, 5h15m, 5h26m and 5h15m. All with angle-range > 1.3

With cmd-2.04 my units was 8h for normal, and 7h20m for non-gaussian units. Since I haven't any slow units done yet, I can't say anything about the speed, but at least the fast units is 2 hours faster than before.

I've got two units around 75% done, expected time 7,5 hours. This is slow units. If this is the trend all units is faster than with cmd-2.04, but it's too early to say anything.

Comparing to the gui-version isn't possible, since this is dual-machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X