Lost frames acquiring from VCR ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost frames acquiring from VCR ???

Try the AVI_IO capturing program. This will produce less drops. But the real problem is slow harddrives. Get a faster one!

Andrea,

There are many reasons for dropped frames, some of which can be cured, some of which can be worked around and some of which have to be lived with. They vary tremendously from person to person, machine to machine.

Start of by reading the Idiots Guides and FAQs at the main site. www.desktopvideoworld.com

Comment

Hi,
      and thanks for your replies, but i think tha t the problem is the tape recorded with a low quality camera, because either with another tape (saved with a good camera) or from tv, the problem doesn't appear...
      I would ask you if exist a software that can grab videoclips trying to amplify the signal coming from the VCR.
      I have tryied PC-VCR, Premiere 4.2, Premiere 5.1 MSP5.2 MSP6, MS VidCap, Virtual Dub.
      ...but i think the best thing is to change a VCR with anothe that can play the tape better....:-))))
      My System:
      MB Asus P2B
      Celeron 300A @ 464Mhz
      Matrox G400 32 MB DH with RR-G
      128 MB Ram
      HD IBM 13,5 GB 7200 RPM
      HD Samsung 8,4 GB 5400 RPM
      and other things like CD-ROM and CDRW that don't need to know....(i think!)

Comment

Lost frames acquiring from VCR ???

Hi,
        why when i try to acquire a videoclip from my VCR i experience to lose some frames ?
        There is some software that can solve my problem ???
        Thanks

Comment

Andrea

If you are capturing a number of shots in a single sequence, then it is possible that you drop one or two frames at the start of each shot. Some cameras take a time to accelerate the tape to full working speed. Whereas viewing the tape on a TV will handle this because the time bases are designed with inertia, so that momentary changes of synch are ignored, it is not the same with capturing. Of course, if the frames are being dropped in the middle of a shot, this does not apply.

------------------
          Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X