• Show
Clear All

• Looks like we might have a prob!

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=249802
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=249653
    ------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 09 October 2000).]
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

This doesnt sound good.
    Hopefully the G800 comes out soon, and we will get a new batch of MURCers on SETI

Comment

Yea - hopefully

I think if we work with Ant we could get some more people to join though! I've received about 200-300 hits since he upped that link today so if we get even 2 or 3% of them running Seti and running it well we could boost output by quite a lot.

And that's just 1 day - if we keep promoting...who knows?

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

One thing we could try to do is that every week get Kims, Martins and my weekly stats posted on the front page!

------------------
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Nobody really knows when RC5 will end. It could be a year or two. I think we have to assume, given the crossover membership between Anand's SETI and RC5 teams, that many CPU's would have ended up on the SETI team at the conclusion of RC5 anyway.

If several of TA/SETI's big guns switch to RC5, it helps us in the short term. If RC5 drags on for a year or two, it helps us in the longterm. If the many of the TA/RC5 folks intended to switch to SETI after RC5's conclusion anyway, it helps us permanently. They'll never get back the resources they lost to RC5.

The only guaranteed beneficiary is Anand's RC5 team. Their gain could be ours as well.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thats why there is the "might" part in the subject!

BTW I thought I had a bad day but look at "guru" he has just submitted under 400WU's today!

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X