No announcement yet.

Where can I get ASF encoding software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get ASF encoding software?

The product that is supposed to allow ASF encoding, On-Demand Producer, no longer seems to be available anywhere. It used to be at the Microsoft site, but not any longer. Does anyone know where it might still be available?

I don't want to scare anyone, but I thought I might upload something I've done with my RR-S to the Video Showcase.

Hi Patrick,

Damn me if you aren't right ! Who'd think that MS would just junk it like that

Well we can't have excuses for you not showing us your results, so I'm uploading a copy to the downloads section of the site as we speak. Please don't tell Mickeysoft, I don't want them getting all heavy.

Comment

Windows Media Tools and On-Demand Producer are both downloadable at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp
      Michka
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I guess the next time you'll be hearing from me is when I upload my video.

And thanks also to you Michka. I hunted all over the place and I couldn't find On-Demand Producer anywhere.

I noticed at the Microsoft link (that Michka provided) several other programs including Windows Media Tools. This download includes -

>>>>>
        Windows Media Encoder, Windows Media Author, Windows Media Plug-In for Adobe Premiere, Windows Media ASF Indexer, Windows Media PowerPoint To ASF, codecs for creating Windows content, Windows Media Presenter and Publish to ASF PowerPoint Add-ins, and ASF conversion tools.
        >>>>>

Is there anything in Windows Media Tools that would be of benefit to those of us who wish to compress video to send to the Video Showcase, or does On-Demand Producer have everything we need?

Comment

Patrick, I don't know what's happening: at the same time I am writing this message, I am downloading Windows Media On-Demand Producer from the URL I mentionned in my previous post. It is (on the page I see here) the second entry under the Create It paragraph, just below the Windows Media Tools. It is a 4 Mb download. Don't you see the same page as I do?
          Michka.

Comment

Michel,

I guess that MS changed the URL of the downloadable (and maybe the version too). You'd think that they would be professional enough to switch their links too, wouldn't you ?

That explains both my and Patricks posts.

Thanks for the new link, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Comment

No, no, no, no, no....

Michka, I can see On-Demand Producer at the link you posted just fine. For that I am very appreciative. What I was referring to was the trouble I had looking for this item PRIOR to your post. The earlier link for the Microsoft site that Chris had in the Video Showcase for On-Demand Producer had died.

My only question now, as I posted above, was whether there is anything to be gained by downloading Windows Media Tools as well as On-Demand Producer to compress video for the Video Showcase.

Comment

Sorry, did not understand. As an excuse, French is my mother language.
                As for your question about Windows Media Tools, I don't really use it, so I cannot answer. The only thing I did was once to transmit (with Media Encoder) a live TV channel through the internet to a friend, and to every one else at work through the LAN. But just out of curiosity.
                Michka

Comment

I prefer Windows Media Tools myself. More straightforward, easy to tweak. But that's just me...

Comment

Hi guyz
                    haven't u heard of Media Cleaner Pro ® Terran Interactive ?
                    It produces the best and fastest *.asf -files after my opinion ! It really rocks !
                    And u also get some pretty cool/advanced possibilities... - Any comments ?
                    SillyDizzy
                    "Now - gimme that kiss"

Comment

Try Streamanywhere from Sonic Foundry

Comment

Geez, now there's too many choices!

This is great, guys. So far my experiments have NOT been satisfactory with On-Demand Producer. That isn't to say that the program is at fault. I just don't think I've tweaked it well enough yet. I'm not happy with the jerkiness that the moving objects are exhibiting. I'll have a look at all these programs though. I'm hoping that other people reading this thread will also take a stab at encoding a short video project and uploading it to the Video Showcase.

Thanks again everyone. If there's any more options, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                        X