Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 10th, last day to run old clients.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 10th, last day to run old clients.

A look on the unix-page shows that for the clients with released ver.3, the old clients stops working November 11th, 2000. It's probably the same date for the gui-versions. For not yet released versions, the date is probably later.

Still no sign of the nt-cmd-version.

I don't think they will stop accepting results for the old "winnt-cmd" client before they have released ver 3!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Of course not, there is still some versions only released as ver. 1.x, but some of them shall maybe be discontinued and not upgraded. The nt-versions is so popular that they will not be discontinued. It's only to wait for the new porter doing his work.

Comment

I could sure use a cold porter right now.

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team!
        View the exciting stats
        P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
        Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Thanx a iot Sisyfos now you got me started again *hickup*

------------------
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Oh, no, don't get Guru to start drinking so late, let me see, GMT 23:00 + 3 hours = 02:00 local time.
            Doesn't you remember how he shows his true face?

Comment

Thats +2h!
              Skönt att se att Norge vet vart Finland fins (om det skulle råka bli krig)!

------------------

Comment

Well, I can't see anything wrong with my calculation.

As you corrected the other day, Finland is one hour before Norway, therefore GMT + 3 hours due to daylight-savings. The posted time is reported as GMT 23:00

Remember GMT = UTC and don't use daylight-savings, but UK does.
                And yes, I knows then you posted your message.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattledagger:
                  Oh, no, don't get Guru to start drinking so late, let me see, GMT 23:00 + 3 hours = 02:00 local time.
                  Doesn't you remember how he shows his true face?
                  BÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖP wrong answer the clock is now 2.00 AM!

------------------

Comment

Remember, "All times are GMT", so my calculations is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattledagger:
                      Remember, "All times are GMT", so my calculations is correct.
                      AaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh still it was not 3am when I posted my last message it was 2am!
                      Don't you think it I know what time it is over in Finland?

------------------

Comment

Here is a link for the table of transition dates:
                        http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/unix.html#v30dates

There is no mention of WinNT clients.

Comment

Oh I understand what Ratle is trying to say! But my point is that the time in Finland right now is still 21.41 and not 22.41 as he is saying!

------------------

Comment

Remember, I didn't say the actual time in Finland was 02:00, I said GMT 23:00 + 3h = 02:00 local time. 3h is the difference between GMT and Finland, so the calculations is correct.

"And yes, I knows then you posted your message" is also correct. I used what the message-board isn't reporting correct times to get an even later drinking-start.

Comment

Working...
                            X