RT2000 Firewire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 Firewire Question

Hrm... a thought just occurred to me, and I thought I would ask, if somebody might know.

Is the Firewire on the RT2000 capable of controlling other Firewire devices that have nothing to do with DV? I mean, suppose somewhere down the line you decide that you want to use a Firewire hard drive, can you just plug it into your RT2000, and have it work? Or are you looking at getting another Firewire controller on top of that?

Thanks,
    Matt

Thats a good question. I doubt it though as the RT2000 was designed primarily for cam and deck device control.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Heh heh... it's amazing how quickly you can run out of PCI slots in a machine these days...

I remember marveling at my first motherboard that had an AGP, 4 PCI, and 3 ISA (one shared)...

Now, I look over into my case, and I see a solid block of cards filling EVERY slot in my computer...

Anyone know if they're thinking of making any new motherboards that support 16 PCI cards...? That should be about right...

Matt

Comment

Not enough slots, not enough IRQ's. Seems motherboards are still hazy after all these years

Comment

Of course the problem with all those PCI cards is that you can get bus contention during your playbacks.

Gawd...how I hate how much PCI bandwidth the current PCI audio cards use....yechhhh

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X