No announcement yet.

Woohoo, got my CUSL2 and 933EB running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo, got my CUSL2 and 933EB running!

I am in the process of replacing my BP6 with an Asus CUSL2 815E board.

I have a Retail 700E running at 933MHz (133/133/33) with Micron 8E memory. Unfortunately, I have to run at CAS3, but hey, I am using PC100 I bought for $92US over a year ago!

SetiSpy reports that it will take 5.89hrs to complete a WU. Should this be better?

If I can go CAS2, I bet I could see an increase!
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

What client are you using? With the 2.70 beta iget times from 3h-10h!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

There you go again

Comment

Congrats on MURCer status Jeepman!

I'd think that you are using CLI 2.4 and I also think you should be getting better times! Go to the Seti@Murc site and check out Guru's performance graph.

And Team Pace3000 is in the top 10 producers this week so far . And we've just zoomed past ranks 78-80 to leave us in rank 78 ourselves!

We could do with some new members however if we plan on catching Sisyfos

Paul.

------------------
        Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
        Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I'll slow down when I get to 49.
          BWAHAAAHAAAAAA....uhum get a grip on yerself. Well, giggle anyway.

Kim

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team!
          View the exciting stats
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R.:
            There you go again
            Here you have a new link in case the other one stops working! http://kirra.acool.net/seti/setiathome_win_2_70.exe
            Edit:Fixed link!

------------------
            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 27 September 2000).]
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I've got an almost identical spec machine (see sig), its also running CAS3 RAM. I turned on SDRAM precharge, this seemed to help a bit and my RAM took it fine.

Setting any of my RAM timings to 2 causes all manner of probs, my comp crashed in the BIOS trying to set it back

My times are between 5.3 and 5.8 hours using the the 2.4 Cmdline client.

------------------
              P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

OK,

My Micron 8E memory is doing CAS2, even at 133MHz!!!

Now my time is down to 3.37 hours according to SETISpy. I bet that is wrong, but it is nice to see!
                Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

Working...
                X