Which hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hard drives

I currently have two 10gig maxtors with a Fastrak controller but want to increase my capacity. I would like replace my maxtors with two of about 27-30 gig.

Can anyone recommend any fast reliable ones.

Martin

I'd go with Maxtors, IBM or WD (which are now IBM clones). All are fast and relatively cheap with the Maxtors being my choice because they run cooler.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi guys with your big hard...drives.
      My very small system contains a 3,5 gig Fujitsu 5400r/m system HD and a 6,4 gig Fujitsu 5400 r/m video dedicated HD. They are very small today, and I intend to upgrade. My question is: if I shold FIFO my drives, (out with the 3,5 Gb) steping up the 6,4 Gb to system and installing a biger one with 7200 r/m.
      How compatible are the 5400 vs. 7200 r/m, UDMA33 vs. UDMA66 ?
      My MoBo is an FIC PA-2013A, VIA chipset (supports UDMA66) & AMD K6/2-400Mhz 64 Mb SDRAM (I'll upgrad it too)?
      In the present both HDD's are connected to the Primary channel and a Nec CD-R drive and a Sony CD-RW burner to the Secondary channel.
      Any suggestions, pleas?

[This message has been edited by ham64 (edited 02 March 2000).]

Comment

I think they are all pretty good now. My fastest/biggest one is a Seagate 28 Gb 7200 rpm which Sandra variously benchmarks at between 10000 and 11000 indexed marks, which ain't bad. The benchmark depends on fragmentation, etc.

------------------
        Brian (the terrible)

[This message has been edited by Brian Ellis (edited 02 March 2000).]
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X