X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI shell

Taken from the OcUK forums

"Right Seti@holics...
    I've just written a little program for 95/98/ME users... once you run the app once to set it up, you can then use it boot clean into a low memory Windows Shell that solely runs Seti@home.

It gives Seti a good 99.90 processor usage and kills off all those non essential Windows processes.

Also it has a small interface to get back into windows or shutdown your computer."

Here is a LINK to the program.

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

New version!

------------------
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

SetiShell 1.2.3 released.. few more bug fixes.

------------------

Comment

Guru, I don't suppose you know if this works with Windows 2000 as well? All my machines at home that have a decent processor run WIN2K. This would be great for my home PCs .

Thanks,

Eric
        ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

"Right Seti@holics...
          I've just written a little program for 95/98/ME users... "

Sorry but I it is only for win9x

Guru

------------------

Comment

Guru, thanks for the heads up... I think I may give it a try when I get home from work and see what happens. He doesn't specifically say that it *doesn't* work with Windows 2000, he just says that it was written for Win9x/Me. I have lots of software that was originally written for Win9x that runs fine under Windows 2000. I'll let you know how it works out!

Thanks,

Eric
            ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

SetiShell 1.2.9 released!

------------------

Comment

So is it faster by any significant amount? Someone post results on the same wu done both ways. More than one SETI version would be good too... (or is the SETI version fixed?)

Comment

I't will lower your times abaut ~20minutes. And it is writen to bee used with 2.70beta!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by SLH:
                    SetiShell v1.3.6 has been released.

Right chaps I think I've finally cracked the annoying bugs that seem to creep around on your computers when you run SetiShell

In this release I've changed the way that SetiShell determines what its supposed to be doing.. hopefully this time it shouldn't crash at all.

Also the setup screen has changed, you can't run SetiShell from it anymore.. this forces people to read the warning screen at least once basically.

Any problems you know where to get me. Don't be suprised if I run away though.

Remember the url for SetiShell is: http://www.heatwave.co.uk/setishell

------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X