X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guru: Your linux guide...

When you say to first start it I find it easier on unix machines to run
    ./setiathome -login
    This takes your login details and exits, which then allows you to start it sensibly

It's not Guru's guide - it's Martin's (Ees) who is on holiday I believe! He won't be able to fix it until the 22nd I think (though I'm sure it'll be the first thing he does when he get's back - oh, I'm sorry, it'll be the stats first then the guide, hehe!)

Paul.

------------------
    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
    Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Ah, it was linked from Guru's sig so I just assumed :P

Comment

Originally posted by Butcher:
        Ah, it was linked from Guru's sig so I just assumed :P
        Well it's not my guide! but if you want me to I can write one! The guide that Martin has writen is far from compleate!

At the moment I'm the only one that has writen a guide for SETI@MURC (you can't realy count the Beta versions from Ees & Pace! [I'm Trying to help Pace with the CLI guide it should bee awsome when it's done!])

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

What I wanted from Martin is a beginners guide (if there is such a thing in Linux ) - I'm not really a Unix person so I don't know what the guide is about really (I've glanced through when I put it onto the site) so let preferably Martin (Ees) know or alternatively me.

If it is a good Linux newbie guide then I'd welcome an advanced guide from you guys! (Though I don't want Guru doing all the work in case he gets an even bigger ego )

See the other <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000322.html">thread</a> if you want to volunteer.

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
          X