Another Seti@Murc website thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Seti@Murc website thread!

Well I've got my guide to finish off but any other errors or suggestions? We're looking for guides to 3rd party applications now (SetiSpy/SetiQ etc) so post below if you want to write one of these (don't just send them in case I get more than 1).

The below is out of date, we now have www.distributedatmurc.co.uk
    <blockquote><hr /><strong>Deprecated</strong>And how's about a name and an address?

Is Seti @ Murc a good name? Well yea - but is there a better one?

Option 1: pace.fsnet.co.uk/seti

This is how it it currently but I can change it to /setiatmurc if you'd prefer that. This is currently a redirector which will direct people to the site wherever it is - but I think that it's current target (/hosted/seti) is a little too long.

Option 2: something.fsnet.co.uk

What would you want for the something? The fsnet address is free but problematic (I have to dial-in).

Option 3: something.matroxusers.com or seti.matroxusers.com

This will mean the site will be largely static (ie I can't upload/edit it) so the site will have to be completely finished before we do this. And maybe the site could take seti.matroxusers.com and the stats get seti.matroxusers.com/stats for instance? Just a suggestion...

Option 4: something.com - unlikely but I might ! How much is it for domain names now anyway?<hr /></blockquote>

Paul.

------------------
    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
    Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 07 September 2000).]

Edit: Fixed broken links (2002-11-24)
    Last edited by Pace; 23 November 2002, 17:53.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000
Working...
X