I'm Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Done.

I am done doing SETI for the time being. My WU's are being registered on a part time basis, and see no reason to continue wasting my time any longer.

Rags

I'm sad that you have decided to leave
    BTW I don't think SETI is a waist of time! It's fun and competition betwen (and in the teams) are great and what if someone finds ET?

Guru

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Too bad Rags - Come back later...

Comment

It's a waste of time Guru when you run a P120 laptop for days of electricity to receive no credit! These problems seem to be getting worse and worse - this is just a hobby to us - with a serious reason behind it you'd think! The guys at Seti though seem more like a bunch of hobbiests than us - scientific experiment?!

The competition effort makes it fun but they are beginning to annoy me too (and it wasn't just the WUs I lost in the top 100 race with Sisyfos !)

Paul.

------------------
        Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
        Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Don't forget that the SETI@home group is only a handful of people with limited time & funds
          Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
          2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Oh, er, ok.

I think that they could do better - if they can't then then should think of a way to minimise the load.

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
            X