Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR

I recived this error when uploading a WU:
    WARNING: Platform i386-winnt-cmdline not found; continuing in test mode. What does this mean? I did not get credit for the WU!!! (I was using the CLI ver 2.4)

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

It hapend again!!!!!!!!!!! What the F%¤K shall I do abiut it! I seem to be stuck at 1660 WU's!

------------------
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Same thing hapend to my friend running for my account!!!! He is using the GUI!

------------------

Comment

Same problem here. WTF is going on! 10 wu's didn't register. I am about had it. Stop fxxxking with the fxxxking database, god damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by in another forum:
          ColinT
          Wise, Aged Ars Veteran

Tribus: San Diego CA, USA
          Reg: February 19, 2000
          My WUs are not being counted by seti
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          This morning at 8AM PST I uploaded 16 WUs from setiq.
          Seti did not apply them. The WUs were counted by Setiq's top 100 list.

Server status shows nothing wrong. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sign me Worried in San Diego

posted August 28, 2000 11:52

CaptChaos
          Smack-Fu Master, in training

Reg: July 23, 2000
          Yep, I just sent in 5 from SetiDriver and they weren't counted either. I saw an error message saying the i386-nt-cmdline client wasn't valid or something????? Arghhhhhh.
          posted August 28, 2000 12:08

D00D

Reg: July 24, 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Me too. I uploaded 6 about an hour and a half ago and got no credit. This also happened to me over a week ago and resubmitted the previous 20 not knowing which ones weren't accepted (because they never replied to me). I thought it does checking to see if there are duplicate results but nope, I got credit for all 20 wu's. I sent them another e-mail through their web page and still no response. Now today it dropped another 6 wu's. This time I copied those results from setiq right away to resubmit them.
          Does anyone know of an easier way to have setiq resubmit results than having the client resubmit them to setiq?

Thanks,
          -D00D

posted August 28, 2000 12:43

AncalaSmaug
          Wise, Aged Ars Veteran

Tribus: Midwesternese
          Reg: July 25, 2000
          Lost WUs
          SETIq sent mine to the SETI server. There was nothing in the dropped folder. I did not get credit for them @ SETI.
          Wonder whats broke now???

Anyone with access to newsgroups needs to hop on and find out whats what. I would, but I dont have access from work...

-Ancala

posted August 28, 2000 12:50

Joker
          Wise, Aged Ars Veteran

Tribus: San Mateo, CA
          Reg: December 28, 1999
          This sucks!
          I have no idea how many WUs got dropped and how many Seti did not count. My server was down for at least a day over the weekend until I got home last night and rebooted everything.

posted August 28, 2000 13:00

OoklaTheMok
          Wise, Aged Ars Veteran

Tribus: LDS
          Reg: January 25, 2000
          I think I am having the same problem. When I start up a new client (as part of my stunning comeback) I get an error message:
          Warning! Platform i386-winnt-cmdline not found. Continuing in test mode.

I don't know what this is about... but the downloads page now lists the platform name as i386-winnt-cmdline.exe. Did it have the "exe" listed as part of the name before?

The "Platforms" page in the stats section does not list the exe...

posted August 28, 2000 13:05

Larry Loen

Reg: August 06, 2000
          Which are having this problem?
          I have access to three clients: Windows GUI (2.04), Linux i686 command line and also AS/400 client. I will shortly be uploading from my AIX client, but have no recent results to report. As far as I can tell, everything I did over the weekend counted.
          posted August 28, 2000 13:13

CaptChaos

Reg: July 23, 2000
          Everything seemed to be ok until sometime early this morning. It doesn't seem to be isolated to any particular client as my AIX machine has the same problem.
          I tried to reupload the result but got a 'Duplicate results' error...so I think the credit is gone forever....ugh.

posted August 28, 2000 13:17

AncalaSmaug
          Wise, Aged Ars Veteran

Tribus: Midwesternese
          Reg: July 25, 2000
          Gone Forever
          I dont think these WUs will be gone forever.
          (Please remember this is my opinion, so take it as such)
          It looks more like a cgi issue to me.. I think they are receiving the results fine, but something is not updating some field in the database to reflect the fact that something has changed. With me so far? Clear as mud...
          -Ancala

------------------

Comment

ah, f*ck this b*tch right in the *ss.

You're street language is amazing "Bronx" stile

Mega
            K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
            G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Mega: Its them Southern Redneck styooole.

Anyway, I apologize for the foul language. It's not the first time my hard-earned wu's got lost in cyberspace ;and since I lost 3 machines already, every wu counts even more now. I expect nothing less than perfect from the Berkelley guys.

Comment

No No Sir Hitech, you don't need to apologize! In fact i founf it to be real funny
                K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
                G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Mega: This is much funnier:
                  <a href="http://tlh.fdt.net/~ymc/fword/fword.wav">http://tlh.fdt.net/~ymc/fword/fword.wav</a>

Have fun!

[This message has been edited by Sir Hitech (edited 29 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X