Let's get MURC into top 20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get MURC into top 20!

Yea, a thread to get Matrox Users really going...any ideas on how to get more people to join MURC and to get existing MURCers crunching...

Or see my other thread to try and improve existing members' output.

The "oldtimers" was a great idea Guru and if we get more ideas to get more machines crunching then I think we could make it, who's with me?

I said who's with me!

Paul.

------------------
    Pace3000 Network:
    Arena | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
    Join SETI@MURC!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

I'm with you.
    And it ain't no impossible goal either.
    Just look at those curves.

Go MURCers Go

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team!

View the exciting stats

[This message has been edited by Sisyfos (edited 18 August 2000).]
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Well I'll start the ball rolling with this idea: I'm going to have a section on my site (the 'Arena' link below) which deals with Seti. I've currently got Seti@Pace3000 install files which will install the latest CLI version, create batch processing directories with 5-50 units cached and batch files to crunch/send. These files currently are only for crunching under my account by I'll generalise them for people on MURC.

I'll probably post some of the hints and tips from my other thread (which I forgot to link to, so <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000203.html">here it is</a>)

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network:
      Join SETI@MURC!
      Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I'm with you Pace! I already posted about this over here I realy think Ant should post team news on the front page! I have already mailed the top 10 crunchers to Ant 2 times but he only posted the results 1 time. The same day he put the top 10 crunchers on the front page we got 5 new members! He also posted some info on the old-timers on the front page. If only Ees (is it to mutch to ask? I know you have other things to do!)could mail Ant the Fastest and top producers every week (lets say sunday?) so he could post them on the front page. I am sure it would get lot's of people interested in SETI@HOME! And I would be more then willing to write a "speed tips guide" if you have some free webspace! I'm also trying to post mutch info on new members as posible in the forums!

EDIT: Pace on your homepage you could put a link on how to join our team!
        ------------------
        PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
        Join the MURC SETI team!

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 16 August 2000).]
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well, I must have too much time on my hands.
          I took a snapshot of the top 30 teams and sorted by produce and dumped 26-30, so this is the true ranking as of now (August 16 21.45 UTC).

1. 1258512 Team Ars Technica Lamb Chop
          2. 1225126 Team Art Bell ??? (>12K members, only lists 9999)
          3. 1010501 Team MacAddict
          4. 798340 The Knights Who Say Ni!
          5. 542243 The Planetary Society
          6. 492625 SETI.Germany
          7. 461464 Team Slashdot
          8. 360844 Canada
          9. 359632 O'Grady's Go2Mac.com Team
          10. 340875 SETI@Netherlands
          11. 327914 Linux
          12. 280183 Forum Hardware.FR Team
          13. 270951 OS/2 Warp
          14. 259243 SETI Switzerland
          15. 246462 rnoggin
          16. 241955 Team NIPPON
          17. 237294 Team Mac Observer
          18. 219874 Team AnandTech
          19. 218229 Team User Friendly
          20. 199100 Team BeOS
          21. 197018 Team Lockergnome
          22. 192004 SETI@Home Poland
          23. 188010 FreeBSD
          24. 186762 Matrox Users
          25. 174252 Team EDGE

It seems we're gonna overtake FreeBSD in a few days, seeing that we have double their produce as of lately
          But how long will it take before it shows on the official Berkeley Team list

Edit: Just added rank numbers.
          ------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team!

View the exciting stats

[This message has been edited by Sisyfos (edited 16 August 2000).]
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Sure - my website is in it's final construction stages but I'll have submission boxes up hopefully aimed at 'Arena' members - but Seti stuff from you guys is welcome just as well!

So you can start on the Seti optimisation guide Guru and I'll be sure to promote Seti@Murc - maybe I'll get a link off of Ant once the site is complete!

And, while it's hosted on my webspace at the moment (<a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/hosted/arena/">http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/hosted/arena/</a>) I hope to move it to a much nicer address soon - maybe even professional hosting with a domain name all of my own.

I think there is a 'Sample Review' up on my site which has some guidelines for how to write articles but if you write a speed tips guide Guru, then if it's long then try to break it down into small pages - I said something like this in the sample I think.

I'm having problems getting onto the net at the moment (as in I've sold my modem!) but once I get a working modem again I'll get back to you's on this.

And, btw, shhhh! I'm at a client's office setting up Internet access! Don't tell!

Paul.

------------------
            Pace3000 Network:
            Join SETI@MURC!

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 17 August 2000).]
            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I will try to get the guide ready sometime next week!

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thanks Guru - from me & MU! And if this section of my site becomes popular I'll break it off into a separate site (I've got about 80MB of free space at the moment!) - not that I'm looking for excuses to design webpages but, well, I am! Lots of free time before I go back to University in October...

Paul.

------------------
                Pace3000 Network:
                Join SETI@MURC!
                Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Ok Guru: send your stuff here!.

Paul.

------------------
                  Pace3000 Network:
                  Join SETI@MURC!
                  Meet Jasmine.

Comment

PS: Ant mentioned that he wanted to get what he posts sorted out - so what do we want him to post?

I'm actually getting a little busy but I'll still be able to make some webpages up so if anyone wants to add an FAQ to Guru's guide then please do. There'll be a lot of stuff in the old Seti threads before this forum was made for us so if someone wants to start looking for Q's and A's then post some in here - we could even just have it on a singular submission service (ie if you think of a question then just post it in here and I'll add it to my site).

Once we get a guide and FAQ I think we could get Ant to help us out with links (from the news centre and this forum if it's possible) and get MURCers producing optimally!

Paul.

------------------
                    Pace3000 Network:
                    Join SETI@MURC! | Boost SETI@MURC! (coming soon to the 'Arena' site)
                    Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Pace I just mailed ver. 1.1!

------------------
                      Join the MURC SETI team!

Comment

Thanks Guru - I'll update the page soon (probably tomorrow as today has been a long day !

Paul.

------------------
                        Pace3000 Network:
                        Join SETI@MURC! | Boost SETI@MURC!
                        Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Working...
                        X