1K wu's! About fxxxking time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1K wu's! About fxxxking time!

"One small step for Seti@Murc, one giant step for Radioman!" It felt like years waiting for units 900-1000

Now, the bad news: Last week I sold 3 of my Athlon machines to a guy who wants to do Internet Cafe. So, there goes 70-80 wu's a week. Journey to 2K is going to be a LONG one. Just couldn't say no to the good offer. I am thinking about building 1 or 2 dual or quad Xeon machines in the near future but I just dont know when.

Sorry, folks! I'll do the best crunching I can with what I got left...

Congratulations Sir Hitech!!!
    May you reach 1Q(uadzillion) in our lifetime.

Go MURCers Go

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team!

View the exciting stats
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Congrats!
      Make sure you get Xeons with 1meg cache!

------------------
      PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
      Join the MURC SETI team!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Sisyfos: I don't know about 1Q(uadzillion), but I sure is going to try my hardest.

Guru: I already got a pair of PII 450/1 meg Xeon's from ebay for $75 a piece and I am bidding on 2 more pairs, I got most of the parts needed from my scrap pile. I am still looking for dual or quad mb's and atx cases.

Anyone want to sell me some dirt cheap or donate to me(for MURC of course)?

Comment

How the hell did you get Xeons for that price???? I want some too!
          :P

Comment

Dyre: These Xeon's are used. They are pulls from corporate servers and workstations. The seller will warrant the cpus for 90 days. They are readily available at eBay if you spend some time searching.

Comment

cjolley: I am with you on that. There are some quantity of dual or quad mb's on ebay ,but they are hard to get because demand outweights supply. With the high bidding prices, one may just buy it new. Most of the mb's sold on ebay require proprietary ECC ram or voltage regulator cards which also are extra expense and hard to come by.

I am considering these two particular dually mb's: Epox GXB-M $227 Bunta Tech or Supermicro S2DGE $294 Atacom. From what I found out that they dont require ECC EDO Dimm's and Voltage Regulators. I am leaning toward Supermicro because they are well known for their server/high end workstation mb's. Damn it, why am I spending all these money for crunching wu's for Seti@MURC? Well, to justify it, I will be using them to run Apache web servers for my new business venture.

Comment

The hard part is finding motherboards for them.
                chuck

Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                X