PDA

View Full Version : setiathome won't upload

Ant
6th August 2000, 09:24
I'm running Mandrake Linux 7.1 and the 2.4 setiathome client with a batch script that runs through processing 6 work units which when complete I upload. For some reason setiathome will no longer upload the results, I have 6 finished work units ready to go but when I try to send them I get the following...

Doing baseline smoothing.
Can't open file result_header.sah

Anyone any ideas?

Maggi
6th August 2000, 09:56
Hi Ant,

it could help if you'd post your batch so that we could possibly see a mistake.

I presume you were using the -stop_after_xfer option for sending/receiving WUs, but your error report looks like it was trying to continue crunching a WU.

The result_header.sah usually will be deleted once the result.sah is done and hence it should look for the header when trying to send it.

I don't know anything about the Linux client, but I know that some versions of the NT-cmd-line flavor had the problem that when using the -stop_after_process option, it would try to calculate a WU even though it was already processed.

Hope this gives you an idea on what could have gone wrong on your system.

Cheers,
Maggi

Ant
6th August 2000, 12:20
The thing is I've been using this setup for months and it has worked fine then after my last batch was processed it just wouldn't upload them. The batch script works fine then I upload them manually and start the processing script off again. It just looks as if seti doesn't realise the units have already been processed.

Maggi
7th August 2000, 09:21
how strange ... http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/frown.gif

I guess you also checked for some weirdo permission flags, didn't you ?

Sorry, but I fear I can't help you out here ... http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/frown.gif

Ant
8th August 2000, 16:36
I had to delete everything and process the units again, everything worked fine then, most strange.

Helevitia
10th August 2000, 16:47
Sounds like a corrupt file. next time try running scandisk on the file and maybe there is a small chance it will fix it.

Dave