Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I jsut read that ME doesn't have command line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I jsut read that ME doesn't have command line.

Are we forced to use the screen saver version if we upgrade?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

That's no big deal, the GUI version is just as fast, actually a bit faster, if you set it up correctly (at least it is for me).

Rags

Comment

The commandline version should still run - Microsoft have removed legacy support for hardware only really and have largely hid DOS rather than removed it.

Batch file running may be questionable but I'd bet that the CLI version will run at least.

Rags has an 'unusual' system to say the least - it's incredibly tweaked for running Seti so you may find that the GUI version is a lot slower (as I did!).

But anyone that gets WUs done in 2 hours must be good .

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The batch-files works just fine under Win Me.

Jan

Comment

So i don't understand. Your telling me the cli version runs under ME, so what happens when you run it? Does it bring up a cli? If so, that probably means that there is a cli prompt somewhere to open up. And what do yo mean by they hid it? Are all of the dos commands still there?

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You can open up a DOS "box" in Windows ME just like you can in Windows 98 SE and earlier versions. The only place you'll notice the lack of command line is when you hit "F8" at bootup. You have to use a boot disk to get to a pure DOS mode is to make a Windows "Startup Disk" (same way you make one in 98 or 95).

SETI@Home will still run just fine, at least it does for me.

Charles
            A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

From what ive heard, its still there... just hidden. We should be fine.

Comment

I suppose if you could call having to click "Start", then "Run" then typing "command" hidden...
                A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

Working...
                X