Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Rags, What kind of system do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rags, What kind of system do you have?

I know a couple of things but I'm just trying to fill in the gaps now. Let's see, you are running Win2k, you have an older version of seti running, you use a P550(overclocked I would think) w/ possibly a 165MHz FSB? What kind of RAM do you use? What are the chips on the memory? What mobo do you have? What are your BIOS settings? How do you spell Rags?

Thanks

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hi Dave,

You are correct about my system. My bios settings are all at default I think, except the FSB setting. Ram is micron "7e", CAS 3,3
    I run win98/win2k/linux win98 and win2k run the same seti program from the same folder linux I use the CL version, but hardly ever finish a WU there, so no idea on how fast it runs. I have an ABIT BF-6. I have disabled numerous items in my startup to allow my machine to run seti and seti only. When I compile programs and run games, I re-enable the drivers I have disabled, reboot and bump my FSB back to 133, and don't run SETI. The only time I have seti running is when it is the ONLY thing running.

Rags

------------------
    Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Thanks for the answer

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

hmmm? someone posted here asking what verion of seti you were running, Rags. They must have deleted it. I wonder why?

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X