Fastest seti@murcers June 6-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest seti@murcers June 6-13

<TABLE BORDER=1><TR><TH>name</TH><TH>wus</TH><TH>hours</TH><TH>average</TH></TR><TR><TD>Rags</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>74.48</TD><TD>2h 15m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Manex</TD><TD>101</TD><TD>300.90</TD><TD>2h 59m</TD></TR><TR><TD>cjolley</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>35.89</TD><TD>5h 8m</TD></TR><TR><TD>jms</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>262.98</TD><TD>5h 9m</TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepingdragon</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>32.45</TD><TD>5h 24m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Eye MD</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>151.57</TD><TD>5h 37m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mark F.</TD><TD>107</TD><TD>613.62</TD><TD>5h 44m</TD></TR><TR><TD>KvHagedorn</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>387.29</TD><TD>5h 47m</TD></TR><TR><TD>giskard</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>353.45</TD><TD>5h 48m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jorden</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>65.16</TD><TD>5h 55m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ackerot</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>60.32</TD><TD>6h 2m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Guyver</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>262.98</TD><TD>6h 16m</TD></TR><TR><TD>cancer</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12.60</TD><TD>6h 18m</TD></TR><TR><TD>CHHAS</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>145.55</TD><TD>6h 20m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jakob Kruse</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>415.27</TD><TD>6h 29m</TD></TR><TR><TD>VSA</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>438.30</TD><TD>6h 38m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kosh</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27.25</TD><TD>6h 49m</TD></TR><TR><TD>paulcs</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>613.62</TD><TD>6h 49m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kruzin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.65</TD><TD>6h 50m</TD></TR><TR><TD>Buuri</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>164.90</TD><TD>6h 52m</TD></TR></TABLE>

Martin

Sorry about the 7 WUs.
    swbell started enforcing it's 1 ip address rule and totaly hosed my home network.
    Linksys router to the rescue!
    It should be here tomorrow.
    chuck

PS How do Rags &/or Manex get those amazing times consistently?
    Is there a way to split up a WU among processors?

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 13 June 2000).]
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I don't think it is possible to split WUs...
      Rags and Manex have some very fast machines. Simple as that.

BTW. Has anyone checked out the new SETI stats(not Martins)? pretty cool.

Jan

Comment

It can't be that simple.
        My machine is a P3-650@923 with 256 megs of ram.
        All else being equal, that would put thier cpus at something like 2000mz
        So, I wonder what the "else" is.
        eg, Linux-vs-Win98, more memory(!?), cached WUs, Alpha-vs-P3 etc.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, I did a search and found.... http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000034.html

great big ol' huge can o' worms

Sorry about that Rags....

I'm still curious though,
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Chuck, actually in my case, it is just that simple . I crunch WUs on a 4-way HP L2000 compute server using the 2.4 command line client compiled for HP-UX. I'm not sure exactly how fast the processors are in MHz, but they have rather large L2 caches, 1MB at least per processor I think. I've heard that a large L2 helps with getting the time down. I can finish a WU in just under 3 hours if no other processes are running on the server.

As for Rags, I think he has his rig pretty much tweaked to the max, so his results aren't typical by any means. I can't touch his stats using my home rig either...

Cheers!

Eric
            ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

That's how I run my WU's in 6 to 7 hours on my normal P3-450 with 256Mb RAM. Just run Windows, and minimize the 1.06 GUI, let it run in the system tray. And let it be about the only thing to run on your system.

I've had a couple of 5.5 hours and one of just under 5 hours. I'm glad to be back in the top 10 of fastest

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hmmmmmm..... interesting
                The tax collection system I designed is geting it's own server!
                A Compac 8000
                4 2meg cache Xeon 550s and 2 gigs of ram
                I'm just sure we need to burn-in that sucker before we trust it with a govenment database!
                You guys got any sugestions for a cpu intensive app we could use?
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Manex,
                  WOW! http://www.specbench.org/osg/cpu95/r...927-03869.html

chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Bwahahaha, cjolley!
                    I think it would be totally irresponsible of you if you *didn't* burn in that new server with a very computationally intensive app like seti. For at least a week.

Hec

Comment

jms,

You mean the new "personal stats" page? With the 10 last results? Or have you found more new goodies?

Martin

Comment

Martin,
                        just the new personal stats, kinda nice to view your last 10 WUs. But there are beta-stats for gaussians and spikes too. But you probably already knew that.

Jan

Comment

No, i didn't noticed it yet. But it really is cool. Now I can see that one of our 3 Members send a WU with 23 Hrs .

Mega
                          K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
                          G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Cool!

And of course you can view more than your last 10 WUs, just change the value for "nresults" in the url...

Comment

Hihi, will look my last 100 WU's now!
                              K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
                              G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Working...
                              X