Can't return results with W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't return results with W2K

I've just started using the command line client under Win2K on my home PC and I have a peculiar problem. I'm able to fetch WUs just fine, but I can't upload the results for some reason. I'm using a Motorola cable modem with a D-Link DFE-430TX NIC. Has anyone else seen something similar to this? I really need to upload these finished WUs bad!

Thanks,

Eric
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Are you enabled through your ISP to upload things?

I ask this because there's been a thread on General Hardware a while back with people unable to upload other stuff. It was their ISP that had them use a normal modem to connect the ISP if they wanted to upload stuff or send email.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, I'm able to upload/download freely on my cable ISPs network. I can even run a FTP or web server if I wanted to. This is very peculiar. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the WUs were processed on an HP server and I'm trying to upload the results using a machine with Win2K... All I did was copy the files with the extension .sah from the HP server to a folder on my PC and started the client with the "-stop_after_transfer" option set.

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 06 June 2000).]
      ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

I don't think that's the problem. Why would it matter what PC sends the WU's? If you compare that to crunching on a HP PC, and sending it through a different brand server, you know what I mean

Have you tried with another PC running the cmd-line (under Win98)?

Ah, thought there... were they crunched on a Win2k based PC, or a Win9x based PC?
        Maybe that's the solution !

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, I've just finished crunching a WU with my WIN2K machine and it was able to send it back just fine. However, I'm still left with needing a way to return the results I got with the HP server. It seems as if my WIN2K client does not want to return results for WUs that were calculated on the Unix server.

So, does anyone know if a windows version of the client can return results for WUs that were crunched on a Unix machine??? If so, how do you do it??? Thanks in advance...

Eric

Comment

Jorden, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong! When I FTP'd the results from the HP server to my PC I had forgotten to use binary transfer mode instead of ascii transfer mode. For some reason, the SETI client wouldn't return the results sent via ascii ftp, but all I had to do was re-send them using binary mode and the client sent them back just fine!!! Woohoo! I'm back in business!!!

Thanks for all the help though!

Eric

Comment

Working...
            X