Missing DLL for cmd 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing DLL for cmd 2.4?

Hi, i tried to install both the intel and non-intel versions of the cmd line software on some Win95 pcs at school and i got missing DLL errors... Im at home now, so i can't get the exact dll, but whats up with that>>>>

The screensaver version works fine...
    not too important, just curious.

I don't know if it's the same DLL as you Dyre, but I also tried installing 2.4 on a Win95 PC and it said Missing DLL: WS2_32.DLL.

I'm just as clueless...

Comment

WS2_32.DLL is; Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL

And I believe it is used for sending and receiving WU...

/Daniel

Comment

That sounds right to me Kruse..
        Pretty sure thats it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Hey guys ,you need to update Win 95 with this patch before you can use the CLi version
          http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/d...s2/Default.asp

------------------
          I guess I won't recruit for my team here TA

Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
          2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Thanx for the answer Assim, but i dont think i should be updating the school's comps for them...
            Do you think i should?

Comment

AHH! Jesus Christ I hadn't realised I was helping you with that massive collection of PC's at your school!!!

I thought it was jusy 1 or 2!
              I never would of said anything!!

>>>>Do you think i should?<<<<

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Assim, you know, you are almsot a MURCer. You might as wll join us after that. With all the help you give us and the frequent forum visits, I'm just about tempted to say that you are a "CLOSET MURCER". We would have to change your name to AMURCulator.

Dyre,

The patch that Assim is referring to will update your TCPIP Socket from 1.0 to 2.0. This should a be a minimal impact to the computer and if anything it will help as there are bug fixes in this upgrade. If it was some huge download or something I'd say no as well, but this should be safe.

Dave

------------------
                I can never think of a good signature...~

Join the MURC SETI team @
                http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/c..._form&id=25678

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Helevita

>>>>CLOSET MURCER<<<<

LOL ,can I have that as a member status?

------------------

Comment

AMURCulator

Sounds almost like some scientific calculator

But thanks Assim, after all the set-backs we've had, we could have Dyre's 80 machines online.

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I really should just become a tech at school... It would make it much easier.

Assim, dont worry. Ill probably only be able to get the 20 pIII's online... The ones in the private labs (about 60 machines) are hard to get too, unless i have a class in the lab.

Comment

Assim,

If I could give it to you, I would BTW-what kind of video card do you have?

Dave

------------------
                        I can never think of a good signature...~

Join the MURC SETI team @
                        http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/c..._form&id=25678

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Dyre

>>>>dont worry. Ill probably only be able to get the 20 pIII's online<<<<

Only he says! only! sh**t! ,talk about a major home goal! ,still it wont' be enough to catch us hehe

Helevitia

This is probably akin to swearing here ,so Jorden don't recommend me for banning

I have LEADTEK TNT2 16Mb ,o/c 145/165MHz

------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X