Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Help me, I'm now a trekkie

OK

CHHAS threw down the gauntlet, (after much gentle prodding from Jord) and I've D/Led this puppy.

Do I just let it run?

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE!

Be gentle with me guys...I'll do what I can, but there will be no records set.

------------------
    AMD K6III 400 @ 426 On a SOYO SY5EMA M/B. Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, Promise Ultra 66 Controller
    two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner,
    All stuffed into a Mid-tower ATX case with no device slots left!
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Welcome Bixler

I run the command line version, as I find it quicker on my system.

The way I've set it up, I have a seti dir with the .exe file, and 25 sub-dirs with work units (for those times where the server is down). I have made 2 batch files, 1 that runs the executable with the -stop_after_process option, then changes to the next dir, going through all 25 work units, and another batch file which uploads the finished work units and downloads new ones.

This way, the batch file which starts the crunching just loops, and I run the up-/download batch whenever I feel like it.

[This message has been edited by CHHAS (edited 21 May 2000).]
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Welcome Tim... how low can you go, huh?
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Here's how low.

44hrs CPU time for ONE measly WU.

Isn't that some kind of record??

Anyway, I'll add my little drop into the bucket.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Naaaah, the all time low target time is something like 289 hours for 1 WU

Just run some of the options in the background all time, Tim. Either the command-line version, or the GUI (set to crunch at all times, and if you use it as screensaver... Blank after 1 minute !!).

Jord, at 296
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

You want slow? If I can find enough pieces I could try to get a 386SX(?) something or other up and running. The biggest problem might be finding an 8 bit ISA video card! The second problem would be convincing Windows 9x to boot! If that fails, then maybe a 486DX2-66?

I know, I should really be concentrating on getting my "faster" computers up and running.

Charles
            A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

Welcome, Tim!

Don't fret.. The longest journey begins with one step. Just keep going. At least you have one work unit.. I count 36 members at zero! What slackers! Oh well, maybe they are still working on their first unit with an abacus

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

(Gurm being one of the 36 with 0 units?)
                Go to www.teamlambchop.com for some great speedtips!

------------------
                PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
                Join the MURC SETI team @ <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

" TARGET=_blank>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

</A>
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

(Gurm being one of the 36 with 0 units?)
                  Go to www.teamlambchop.com for some great speedtips!

------------------
                  PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
                  Join the MURC SETI team @ <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

" TARGET=_blank>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

</A>
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                  X