X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, i lost 30mintues of SETI time

To switch motherboards in my machine...
    Heehehhe.

That POS has been dying for awhile. Ever so often everything gets way slow and i have to manually clear the CMOS (accually TAKING the CMO battery out. ) to get it back to 'normal'. Well tonight was the last straw and i couldnt get it back to normal. So i grabed a freinds 1st Run Intel BX motherboard and swaped them. Everything runs great and is back up to speed.
    To give you an idea what SLOW is in seti:
    Normal WU time for this machine = ~8 hours.
    In Super Slow Mode = >40 hours.
    Now THATS slow.

PS, ive got about 10 WU's done on anouther machine that i need to upload at some point, but since the stats server is dead it can wait.

Attention,
    On another thread there was a comment that if results from a WU are not received in 7 days (?) the WU will be given to someone else !

Can anyone confirm this ??

Comment

They might send the unit to someone else, but I still think you'll get credit for it. I read somewhere that the units are sent to multiple users for validation purposes.
      And besides that, it would rule out very slow PC's, or machines that only run SETI once in a while.

------------------
      << Thunderpants are GO!!! >>

- Edward Elisabeth Hitler on Hooligans Island

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I'll get them in before 7 days. dont worry.

Comment

Working...
        X