They are pulling away!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are pulling away!!!

Team Anandtech is pulling away from us! We must kick it into overdrive team!

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

Guess the time has come to increase the FSB some more...

Jan

[This message has been edited by jms (edited 23 May 2000).]

Comment

I've increased my daily output by about 10 units for the past week or so using the firedaemon utility that jms mentioned. Anyone else having NT machines on their network that can spare some seti time, check it out.
        http://www.firedaemon.com

BTW jms, thanks!

Comment

Keep in mind though that we're still not getting credit for all the WUs we're doing.

Take today's stats for example.

The All Teams page says we've done 564 WUs between May 22 (04:16:15 UTC) and May 23 (04:37:37 UTC).

However, if I sum our individual stats (for the top-300 members of seti@murc) in approximately the same timeframe, I say we've done closer to 1000 WUs.

Of course, Anandtech will probably suffer from the same deficiency, but we won't know for sure until seti catches up. The problem is listed on their news-page, but they don't know when they'll fix it.

Martin

Comment

What's the benefit using a service using firedaemon

------------------
            Handle: WinWiz
            Asus P3B-f PIII 558 G400Max 256Mb 57 Gb SbLive Plextor 12432 & Ultraplex 40max Hp 970 Cxi Hp Scanjet 3c Iiyama Vm450
            Asus A7V133 Thubderbird 1400 Geforce3 512Mb 106 Gb SbLive Plextor 12432 & Ultraplex 40max Hp 970 Cxi Hp Scanjet 3c Iiyama Vm450 Pinnacle Dv500

Comment

I don't know of any advantages that firedaemon has over other methods of running the seti cmdline client as a service, I just meant that running seti as a service you can process WU's when no one is logged in to the computer.

Tim

Comment

Ok thanks for the info

------------------
                Asus P3B-f PIII 558 G400Max 256Mb 57 Gb SbLive Plextor 12432 & Ultraplex 40max Hp 970 Cxi Hp Scanjet 3c Iiyama Vm450
                Asus A7V133 Thubderbird 1400 Geforce3 512Mb 106 Gb SbLive Plextor 12432 & Ultraplex 40max Hp 970 Cxi Hp Scanjet 3c Iiyama Vm450 Pinnacle Dv500

Comment

I'm pedaling as fast as I can!
                  chuck

PS I think playing quake online while i'm crunching WUs is taking down my average!

Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

I take my laptop (Fujitsu PII-233/96MB RAM/Win2K pro) on a little roadtrip over the weekend and all of the sudden everybody is going crazy because it didn't crunch any work units. In fact, I did have it running SETI some of time while in the car (while going from Seattle to Salt Lake City and back again).

Anybody have any ideas on how to tweak this guy to go faster (maybe bump the FSB???). It's got a BX chipset in it, but obviously(?) I can't just open up the case and change the jumpers...

Charles
                    A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

The stats server problem is really clouding things

Ees

If you're right(I'm sure you are ) then we could still be much closer than it appears!
                      hmmmm.........

------------------
                      I guess I won't recruit for my team here TA
                      Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
                      2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

We've done 118000 WUs now at an average of 860 WUs/day over the last 3 1/2 days

Helmchen

Comment

Working...
                        X