DDR will rule SETI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR will rule SETI

A lot of posts here in SETI@MURC seems to indicate that memory speed one of the main factors in SETI speed.
    Indeed, my own systems runs faster at 515 MHz with the memory at CAS 2, than at 560 with CAS 3!

I can hardly wait to see how much of an impact DDR SDRAM will have, I think it's going to rule

I've read somewhere that Micron (not sure) is developing a P3 chipset called Samurai, which would utilise DDR SDRAM.

Either way, my next system (which I'm going to get around October) will have DDR SDRAM.

------------------
    ,HS61 004G ,mar BM 691 , 515@005 iamtaK
    BG 31 0234 rotxaM, BG 03 +04 rotxaM

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Hmm, thats right CHHAS. But I read over at aceshardware(or somewhere else) that the GTL+ Bus of the PIII can't take advantage out of DDR SDRAM. Some are even saying (I can't really believe that) that a Computer with GTL+Bus and DDR SDRAM with dual pumped 133Mhz won't be much faster than current EV6 Bus compis with normal PC133 CAS 2 SDRam.

If someone sees in a post from me here, I tried to get to 124Mhz FSB with my good(?) old K6-2. It doesn't work (yet!). But even 122x3,5 is faster than my old 100x4 setup

Thomas
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Word on the street is that RAMBUS already rock the seti house..... good if your a millionare or something I guess.....
      Join a real seti team, Team Anandtech.

Comment

Working...
      X