Help - Unable to send WU from W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Unable to send WU from W2K

Since I have switched to W2K, seti command line 2.0 does not activate "Dial-up Connections" to send WUs. The WUs will get sent if I first connect to Internet and then start the completed WU. What am I missing here? Is there a setting to enable this function?

No luck with the version 2.4 command line seti client either.

------------------
    650e PIII @ 806 Mhz w/stock heatsink/fan, ABIT BE6, 256 MB Muchkin PC133 + G400 MAX, CL SB Live with Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and Shure FP22 headphone amplifier, IBM Deskstar 13 GB ATA66 HD, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM Ultrastar 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WD Enterprise 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Win2K, in a modified Supermicro SC750A case, and a partridge in a pear tree.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 21 May 2000).]

I think there is some kind of Internet settings in the Control panel, you should be able to enable it from there

------------------
    ,HS61 004G ,mar BM 691 , 065@005 iamtaK
    BG 31 0234 rotxaM, BG 03 +04 rotxaM
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Thanks for the hint, however, I tried that just now and can't find a parameter that makes a difference. Registry setting?

Comment

Damn, and I just hosed my W2K installation, otherwise I could have tried searching, but right now I don't want to install it again.

It looked ok, but I had the strangest problem, some times it wouldn't find my modem, I rebooted 5 times, and still nothing, booted into Win 98 and there it was, so out it went.

It wasn't any faster in SETI anyway, so ...

------------------
        ,HS61 004G ,mar BM 691 , 065@005 iamtaK
        BG 31 0234 rotxaM, BG 03 +04 rotxaM
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I have no trouble finding the modem generally, only seti apparently has a problem with this. Both requesting a new WU and sending a finished WU do not connect. The "Dial-Up Connection" dialog box does not appear. No problem with Win98SE. Also, no problem with the Windows 2.04 graphical version.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 21 May 2000).]

Comment

By the way, I noticed my modem is not in my sig. I have a USR 56k Voice Int PNP ISA attached to COM3.

Comment

Brian,

Try enabling On-Demand Dialing for your dial-up. To do this...

1. Right click on My Network Places and choose Properties.

2. Right click on your dial-up connection and choose Properties as well.

3. Choose the Sharing tab and check the box next to Enable On-Demand Dialing.

And that should do it. Hope that helps.

John

Comment

John - No go. I don't have a "Sharing" tab in my "Dial-up Connection" properties. How do I enable one?

Comment

Brian,

D'oh! Just realized after seeing your message that the on-demand dialing option is available 'cause I have a LAN that shares the dial-up connection. Sorry about misleading you there. If I do happen on a fix, I'll let ya know. 'Til then, g'luck.

John

Comment

Try to enable the service "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager"

Helmchen

Comment

Helmchen - Can't find that function. Where is it? I'm new to this OS.

Comment

Brian,

Head to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services and set Remote Access Auto Connection Manager's Startup Type to Automatic or Manual (FYI, mine's set to Manual).

John

Comment

Setting the "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" to Auto. That has solved the problem. Thanks all.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X