X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seti@home & murc, part 6

Yes!

I did it again!

Hmmm, I seem to remember that the previous thread also warped back after one of my posts... Wazzup?

Martin

From outer space.

Well, I cant crunch units at the moment as all of my boxes are doing work of an important nature (playing at parallel decryption). Only my WinPap boxes (which cant play in the unix games) are processing.

I may be some time too - as my algorithm is definately not 'great' - and the AI is being difficult when chatting to its mates.

bert
    (finally overclocked his PIII500 to 700 with some thermal paste and 3 fans)
    G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

Does anyone know how I can give my WU's to someone else?

I'm quiting Seti@MURC, but want to give my WU's to my closest 'enemy', Kruzin, because we had a good fight for positions the past couple of months.

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

That used to be possible, but the WU-transfer thingy has been disabled, because it could be abused. Bummer; I still have 164 units as 'Martin', which I'd like to donate to myself .

On a more important note: why quit?

Martin

Comment

Jorden,

sad you're leaving. any chance we can persuade you not to do this?

But now for a better message: Rank #29 !!! And only 250 WU's away from the next victim.

And for the next good message: i entered the Top100 ;-)

Rakido
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Yep same here,
            I have units calculated under another alias it would be great to hit second place at the click of a button!

breezer
            Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I'm quiting because I don't like the seti program to run in my background constantly. It interferes with Netscape, general internet and alot of games.

Next to that I want to give my PC some more rest these days, against having it on all day.

Read between the lines: I got my own flat, and have to look for ways of saving money now

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hurray, I hit WU #240 last night, and my average CPU time per WU went to (5 hr 49 min 19.8 sec,) barely scraping by Rags... heh heh. More power to the MURC! It looks as though running on those HP J7000 servers is really doing some good. They crunch through a WU in under 5 hours! We will conquer the world!

------------------
                ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 16 March 2000).]
                ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Jorden:

don't use the heating, take a shower only on saturdays, buy your clothes only in second hand shops, ask your boss for more money ...

That should be enough to be able to continue seti'ing :-)

Rakido
                  "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Manex,

Hehehe, I don't think you will have that spot for long, my SETI times have been under 3 hrs. It's just that I had so many wu's while running my celery that my avg. was skewed.

Rags

Comment

For those trying to combin your WU under one name:

A) Create a new group
                      B) Join the group to MURC
                      c) Log in to each of your old accounts and join the new group.

How about a single group in the MURC for "abandoned" WUs. This one group could allow those lower in the ranks to move up, as there would be many less names posting 0 WUs. If you wanted them back at a later time, they would still be there. And MURC doesn't loss any of the WUs!!!

Oh and RUSSIA fell last night!!!
                      We are now #29 behind 'Austin Shaggers'. Who will fall Friday is over. ATTACK!!!

Mark F.

------------------
                      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                      and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                      and burped out a movie

Comment

So how do I get a group to join a group?

I've got a group started for "detached" or "idle" MU's - called

MUs_on_Hold

Guyv
                        Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                        - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                        - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                        - 6.1 Digital Audio
                        - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                        - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                        - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                        - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                        - LS120 IDE Floppy
                        - Zip 100 IDE
                        - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                        - NEC FE950
                        - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Has anyone tried the nonintel seti client?

------------------
                          PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I'm using the non-intel seti client on my Athlon, seems to give a really small amelioration. I'd like somebody else to test it so I can have more accurate data.

Vlip

Comment

Who dropped out? I just moved up a place without passing anyone.

This can't be good.

Paul
                              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
                              X