Seti@Home Via LAN "Not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seti@Home Via LAN "Not"

Tried to get seti working via my LAN for a while now. Using Grok Netproxy. HTML/POP/ICQ Work Fine. But nothing from Seti!
    Tried using the NEC socks client APP, no luck!

My athlon needs something to chew on through the lonely nights!

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks in Advance!
    Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

I'm using NAT32 and it works fine on my three systems (including an athlon running @850!) on a single V.90 connection.

------------------
    Designer of the first Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" through AZZO Computers.
    Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 850? Email me for more information

2836 mips, 1.107 gflops @ 850 mHz 1:3 latency
    CPUmark99 70.7

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'm using WinGate and I also have no problems. You do ofcourse have to remember to setup Seti for proxy access. If your server has an ordinary HTTP proxy running and you want to access it from a Windows client, simply point the client at the right IP and port number. If you're using one of the command-line clients set an environment variable HTTP_PROXY=192.168.1.1:80 (assuming the server has IP 192.168.1.1 and the proxy is running on port 80).

Command-line Seti doesn't support Socks proxying "out of the box". I can't remember if the Win client does.

Comment

You don't have do that with NAT32.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Works fine with win98SE's Internet Connection Sharing doobrey thingummybob too

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

I tried Nat32.. Couldn't get anything with that, Played around for a couple of hours..changed my network to use DHCP..Understand it mapps to it's on soft IP (192.168.0.100)Nuthin. the remote seems blind(although the network works perfect).I'll give Wingate a try tomorrow..

Could the problem be that my TCP/IP is'nt next to my NIc in net prop.. E,g TCP/IP >Realtec NIC1608 ??

Surely an error there wouldn't allow HTML/ICQ/FTP to work under www.grok.co.uk(netproxy).

Thanks Guys..

P.S. Running an athlon@ 850 Does that thing give off radiation? I bet the Electricity National Grid know when you turn on!

------------------
            Ath 650,G4MAX,MSI Mobo, Vortex 2, Maxtor 6880+, 128 (100)
            Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

Comment

If you have Win98SE or Win2K use internet connection sharing. With Win98SE make sure to set the "server" to 192.168.0.1 and the clients to get ip address automatically, and ensure that TCP/IP is installed properly. Basically the "server" provides DCHP service and IP masquerading. The clients behave as if directly connected to the net. Email news SETI IRC ICQ all work fine
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty, ICS was licensed from the guys (and gals?) from NAT32. If your going to use multiple browsers (one on each machine in network) then only the Gateway machine can recieve email. With that said why would anyone wish to use it? NAT32 doesn't have those problems.

Easty, you could ask for help in setting up NAT32 before jumping off and trying another package. Actually it's rather simple to setup once you understand what is going on.

Comment

its easy to fix,i got four computers running on my network,i use athlon 500 not o/c'ed.
                  use the proxy program sygate,it sets it all up for u automaticly.works great,u can do anything u want,play halflife,mail-whatever.

------------------
                  IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
                  IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

Greebe,
                    Do you mean receive email at the same time?.
                    I just checked my POP mail on my machine which is NOT the Gateway Machine a few seconds ago
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Try a small program called Proxy from AnalogX. It is free & works great for me.
                      it is at WWW.Analogx.com

Comment

I have read many complaints from others that R using it and that's their complaint. Possibly has been fixed since then.

Comment

Working...
                        X