Need for Speed 4 registry hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for Speed 4 registry hacks

Okay, I see alot of people on Gaming forum asking for these registry hacks, as the G400 isn't supported or found through the 3DSetup program.

My first reg-hack was:

Check in the d3dsetup if it's chosen the right videocard (being the G400)
    If it didn't, check in the registry that on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\3D DATA\CARD6 it shows Group "D3D" and Name "Matrox G400"
    If anything else shows there, change it to Matrox G400.

My second reg-hack would go like this:

Start regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\Need For Speed High Stakes

Where it says 3D Card and 3D Device Description, you could go through the hassle of renaming it "Matrox G400", but really necessary it isn't
    The D3DDevice should be edited to a value of 1, as well as Triple Buffer (also 1).

Rebooting Windows is needed for the registry to be read again, after which you continue to your 3D setup in the NFS:HS folder/under Start etc. Put the 3D renderer to 3D Device 1 (or if you changed the name like above, to G400).

Now start the game and put your name in, choose a single race. Do not go to Start Race, but to the Options.

From there, pick Graphics, Advanced Settings, and check that Triple Buffer is on (if you see a lag in graphics ingame, put this option to off !!), as well as Z-buffer is on, all the others should be set as high as possible, fog on, lens-flare on.

Now go back to the graphics screen (with the done button in the left-lower corner), and set your screen resolution to 800x600x32(z) or 1024x768x32(z) ...

Then set the rest of your preferences.

The game should work okay now.

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Addition for Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche 2000

Set Triple Buffer to 1 to enable it. For most of you this will give smoother gameplay. If you experience choppiness, go back to Triple Buffer value 0

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 10 April 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Addenum for Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed: The trainer

It's given me more stability in the game, less dumps back to the desktop (Still got one in Normandie sometimes).

So I put this small file (6k) on my homepage server. You can download it from there.

Link? NFS5 Trainer and ALL tracks and most cars

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 13 February 2001).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Porsche Unleashed Cheats? Porscheats...

Cheats Codes for Need For Speed V: Porsche Unleashed (PC)

ALLPORSHE - gives you all cars and unlocks a couple other things

Gulliver - the Porsches are all shrunk down to the size of radio controlled racers and have little antennas

Smash Up - using the Skidpad, Destruction Derby style racing - nothing better than that

Dakar - tired of Street Racing? Changes car physics and tracks to Rally style

Fuzzyfuz - enables cops in quick race (cops may not appear on all tracks: i.e.-Monaco)

yraGyraG - enables all cars to have 993 physics

fetherw8 - this cheat code makes cars way heavier

To use these cheat codes, goto the main menu and click "Create Player" and type in the cheat for the name. Click "Done" (you'll hear a little confirmation sound). Then choose your regular profile and play the game!
        <hr>
        For cheats in all the other NFS games, goto Need For Speed Cheats
        <hr>
        Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
        X