Coke & health question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coke & health question

My uncle once said that he read somewhere that drinking a lot of coke/pepsi could dammage muscles after a while. Is that truly possible, does anyone know's more or has an opinion on this subject?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

spazm, after our discussion the otherday, I think it would be in your best interest to take the advice I gave you then. What your uncle says isn't neccesarily true, but in your case it would be best for you to completely change your eating/living habits. And I do mean that with all best intentions
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, i'm still thinking about it. Anyway, my mom got my bike repaired, but i have'nt used it for years now. I could had gone a ride today, but it was way too hot (i don't really want to fall unconscious on the road). Maybe tomorrow if it's not too hot, i'll go take a walk so something.

As for my uncle, i don't have a clue about it. He reads all kinds of things so go figure in what he could had read that (if he didn't invented it to pass me a message about my coke/pepsi consomation).

I truly know that i have to remodel all my living style (sleeping/eating/sports/friends/...) but there's so much things to do that i get discouraged before even begin.

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

I am really sorry but I have to inform you that this urban legend is not true.

However, it is true that Coca Cola used to contain traces of cocaine up until 1928 or so. Another reason not to drink Pepsi.

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

But I think we can all agree that Pepsi and Coke aren't beneficial for your health... far too much sugar, nothing good in there... And after a while without it, I don't even like its taste anymore

Drink some water or juice instead, man

And don't get discouraged! If you have realized you oughta change something, you've already half won - now don't lose time and start whatever you wanted to do.. but start slowly

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That idea seems ridiculous to me... if you drink too much Coke you´ll probably get a damaged stomach before your muscles even know it...

Comment

In certain individuals, carbonated liquid CAN cause hiccups. Those are involuntary muscle spasms. Force them to go on too long and you can "hurt" your diaphragm.

But not the way it was intended in the urban legend.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by az:
                Drink some water or juice instead, man
                </font>
                That's what i'm trying to do, but the more i try reduce my coke/pepsi the more i seem to drink.

And as far as i read on this thread, drinking ~2L of coke each day isn't too good.

And don't get discouraged! If you have realized you oughta change something, you've already half won - now don't lose time and start whatever you wanted to do.. but start slowly </font>
                Thanks for the encouragements.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alec:

That idea seems ridiculous to me... if you drink too much Coke you´ll probably get a damaged stomach before your muscles even know it...
                </font>
                I've heard about that, but i don't know how much coke theses people drank coke nor for how much time.

Spazm

Comment

Maybe do it the hard way and don't drink any coke at all for a while - just don't buy it anymore (and don't say "ok, just this last bottle" - best, throw them all away )

Sometimes that's the easiest way

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Oh so that's why I'm cant lift more than 90 kilos any more, damn coke (haven't done a push up in months, mayby thats the real reason )
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Maybe do it the hard way and don't drink any coke at all for a while - just don't buy it anymore (and don't say "ok, just this last bottle" - best, throw them all away )
                      </font>
                      ... actually i'm not the one who buy it and my bro need's some for his lunch at the job.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Technoid:
                      ... more than 90 kilos any more ...
                      </font>
                      I doubt i could lift that much.

Spazm

Comment

I don't believe that Coke/Pepsi affects your muscles.

I drink an average of 4 to 6 Diet Cokes per day (along with water). I weigh 205 pounds and can bench press just under 400 and squat over 500 pounds.

I know that I should back off on them, but other than the Diet Coke I am pretty obsessive about what I eat. I know how much protien I take in, and how many carbs I usually eat. If I were downing tons of soft drinks AND ate crap all the time I would be in trouble.

Moderation is the key to life.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kindness!:
                          I drink an average of 4 to 6 Diet Cokes per day (along with water).</font>
                          Diet! I can't even think about drinking that... in my book, it's taste is totally awfull but that might just be me. And i don't drink water i don't like it's taste either.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I drink an average of 4 to 6 Diet Cokes per day (along with water). I weigh 205 pounds and can bench press just under 400 and squat over 500 pounds.
                          </font>
                          Bench press?
                          squat?
                          Care to explain theses i don't do gym.

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 28 June 2001).]

Comment

Bench Press

Squat

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Thanks.

Spazm

Comment

Working...
                              X