Ghost storys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost storys!

Tell me your own ghost stories or encounters.

And ofcourse I will start.

Where i work, the building is built on top of the location on a old monastary (not cloister as I previously posted in another topic).

And a year ago my workshop was moved to the basement....

And that somthing was down there I had already "feelt".

But I diden't care, nothing is worse than Compaq's anyway, and as I like to lissen to winamp at high volymes I don't notice that much.

A couple of moths ago we had our security system uppdated and the building manager and the crew from the home security company was down and making more noice than me when I'm scraping compaqs..

I was taking a realy iritating computer apart when the building manager came up to me completly white in his face and stutering.

He had seen something in a monks robes walk stright through the wall he was drilling in.

To make matters worse for the poor guy, he claimed that the "ghost" was still here and staring at him.

I coulden't se any thing but I did "feel" that we werent alone, but I diden't tell the building manager that.

Then sudenly all the old cirkitbreakers (It werent that surpricing since they had hooked upp everythin on the same outlet using splitters) went on a holliday and it became totly dark.

The building mangaer freaked and ran as fast he could up the stairs screaming his lungs out.

While one of the security crewmen angrily shouted back "OK, I'l replace the damn crircit, what's the damn rush anyway?"

I was happy since the computer I was repairing was on a different circit and remained on.

The "ghost" was still down in the basement and hadent pursued the building manager.

The building manager haven't been down in our basement since then.

None of the other crew noticed anything.

And I?

The "ghost" haven't bothered me so I simply ignore it.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

[This message has been edited by Alec (edited 29 June 2001).]

Comment

Have I "felt" stuff? Sure. My mom can "see" stuff like that where most of the rest of us just feel it.

Does it bother me? *shrug* No. Not really. I'm certainly not afraid of it. Is it a "ghost"? Dunno.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

One of my friends (if i can call that a friend)(girl) once told me that she felt something in her room but never saw anything. When she was closing the lights she had the impression that all the pictutes (of her famely that were on the wall) were looking at her but she was'nt too sure until one of 'em make her a wink. That night she slept with light on and the other day she threw 'em all in an other room.

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Well, I also used to "see " them but after being toold by all of the older persons that I was Nuts I eventualy lost that part of the package...

My father can see them, And I suspect that my litle brother can to, and I am shure as hell that the youngest (she is 17) of my sisters can see them as well (She denies it of course, but she don't fool any one as she still uses a night lamp).

The older of my little sisters Im not shure of but she diden't like tha basemt at work either.

And I have to tell about our damned PIANO.

I hate IT, and it playes by itself.

There is no mechanics in it or other stuff that are not suposed to be there.

Originaly it stod outside my room in the main coridoor of the house.

I had ghastly nightmares rather frequently for a year.

Then it was moved in to my younger sisters room and she started sleeping with the light's on.

And the Nightmare's went away, but now when I'm older and realice that it might not have just been nightmares....

And I loock forvard to lifting my end of the 300-400 kilo monster piano out of the house on to a trailer for transportation somvhere else (hopfully soon)

Any one interested in a "nonexpensive" haunted Piano?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I grew up in Jersey, not far from a town called Cape May, and the whole town is a national historic site. I've had a job or two there, and have friends who live there. I could tell countless tales from people I know that live in the area. As for me, I can (or at least used to) be able to feel what was there.

The most interesting story I can verify has to be my mom's though. She's been a bartender at this one bar for as long as I can remember. A few years ago one of the patrons passed away. That happens fairly often, but this was a guy Charlie (I know the name, but not important) whose family had died/moved, and the bar was like home to him. He had a seat recognized as his own, and lots of people knew his routine.
            Shortly after Charlie died, he started showing up at the bar when it was late. Not many people besides my mom would experience it, since she was usually the one closing up. There are others though.
            When it was late, and my mom had made sure that nobody else was left in the bar, and she had locked all the doors, and turned the lights on to clean, he would show up. Not an apparition, but you'd hear the familiar squeak of Charlie's loud leather shoes as he shuffled to his seat. Also, he'd be a prankster. My mom would be wiping down the bar, and the lights in the bar would be shut off. My mom would check the light switches, and they actually would be flicked off. After a while, she would just yell at Charlie. "Dammit Charlie, stop messing with the lights!" < !-->&lt< !-->flick< !-->&gt The lights are on again.
            I think he still hangs around the bar, I'll have to ask my mom.

[This message has been edited by Wombat (edited 29 June 2001).]
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Why didn't I think of that?

I should have forced "my" ghost to change the breakers...

Comment

While one of the security crewmen angrily shouted back "OK, I'l replace the damn crircit, what's the damn rush anyway?"
                LOL that was a good one

Comment

look up who was the first MURC'er...

surprised?

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                  X