Why aren't I in bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't I in bed?

Why is it that I get up in the morning and I'm tired. I have trouble getting up no matter if it's 6AM or 11AM. I'm often tired in the daytime. I don't feel the need to go to bed till way into the not-so-early hours of the morning, and so I usually drag myself off to bed at a more normal hour.

I think I'm in the wrong time zone - if I lived in New York I'd probably be OK

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Stop eating those twinkies after supper and you will get tired and go to bed at a more normal hour..

Comment

Hey, I actually have a similar problem. Even if I get 4 hours of sleep or 10, I still feel the same (tired).

Comment

Sounds like a blood sugar issue, get it checked! Diabetes can sneak up on ya quickly and f%$@ you up or kill ya.

-pickle
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Well usually I have to force myself into bed and to go to sleep. It's just my sleeping pattern's all wrong. I haven't even tried going to bed before midnight in a few weeks! Been decorating till early hour of the morning this week

Might try to get a couple of hours now just so I don't collapse or something later

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Lots of things can cause tiredness, here are the most common:

caffeine
            sugar
            lack of exercise
            not eating right
            stress(job, home, etc..)

Try eaiting better, exercise more and stay away from the caffeine. Don't eat past 7:00pm and exercise later but not too late.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yep my sleeping pattern's messed up too. Haven't had any coffee in a while. Not eating right? Maybe. Stress? Hell yes. Lack of exercise? Definitely. And I eat dinner at 8PM..

Comment

LS, You are 15 years old!! (hope I'm right)

YOU DON'T KNOW STRESS!!!!
                Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
                ----------------------
                Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

just force yourself to get up early, eat you meals on a fairly regular basis, go (if you dont do any other sports) running for at least 30 minutes every other day and dont hang around in front of the computer all the time

PS: dont sleep too long, you body gets used to it and you will feel tired all the time, the best is to get regular sleep for 6-8 hours every day.

Comment

I would advice you to go to your doctor to do a check-up.

Comment

if he/she is a good doctor she will tell you something that will sound very much like what i told you`

at least thats what my dad told me when i told him about the same you wrote

Comment

I have that problem, too. I exercise regularly and eat well, don´t have stress either... but I can´t go to sleep early and I´m up usually at 9.30/10 AM.

Comment

Yeah go get a check up. You never know, and it may be an easily corrected problem. DM is the pits, I am (thank God mildly so), but all I have to do is ensure I do the things said above and I'm all right. The most important of all the factors mentioned above is exercise.

LS you are WAY too young not to be getting adequate exercise. Why when I was you age I was superfit (ah those were the days). No excuse not to be exercising son, now get down and give me thirty. (pushups)
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

aah, good thing you mention the word pushups

Otherwise he could go down on the floor, reach for his wallet and give you 30$....

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

just force yourself to get up early once, you will be tired for a day or two, but after that you should be fine, its all a matter of self control and getting used to it

(you could try placing several alarm clocks all over the room, so you have to get up to turn them off and ask someone (parents/siblings/whoever) to wake you up, with cold water if necessary)

Comment

Working...
                              X