Highest Specs For A Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Specs For A Game

Ok, I was just over at The-Ctrl-Alt-Del. And started developing violent convultions when I saw the optimal specs for Max Payne. These are kind of ridiculous when you considerer they are alway over optimistic with these things.

Minimum Requirements:

450MHz Intel Pentium II Processor
    96 MB RAM
    16MB Direct3D Compatible Graphics Card

Recommended System:

700 MHz Intel Pentium III Processor
    128 MB RAM
    32 MB Direct3D Compatible Graphics Card

Optimal Requirements:

1000 MHz Intel Pentium III Processor
    192 MB RAM
    64 MB Direct3D Compatible Graphics Card

Can anyone else find higher optimal specs than this?

It's Max Paine. What did you expect?
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I must say, I saw the E3 video of Max Payne yesterday and I want this game!

My Athlon 700 with 32Mb G400 DH should run it alright, but who's to say that I may not have a G550 (or even Kyro II) by the time it comes out.

[This message has been edited by cerb (edited 21 June 2001).]
      <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

When is this supposeded to be released? Not everyone has a super machine to run this on!

Comment

This game looks just like "DEUS EX" and "Nocturne" (I have them both). I can't get into the 3rd person thing. The movements are too structured and the changing camera angles gets on my nerves. You have to go a particular way and the ability to roam around the map is limited. You only get one view of a particular scene. It kinda looks like you are looking at a movie, but you are controlling the character. Sometimes you will be fighting a villan that is between the camera angles, or "off camera" and you can't see them.

Other than the motion of the game, the graphics are great. I am a little too use to FIRST person Shooters, I guess. This one looks like a must miss for me.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I remember the time of Final Reality when they said that it would require a Voodoo2 card, preferably in SLI!
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hehe, I remember the time Quake1 came out. The fastest system at the time was a P200, and you'd be lucky to get a constant 30fps in 320x240!

Comment

considering that it is difficult to get a processor with less than 600mhz, and that a gig athlon costs about 150 $ those specs arent too bad, still bad enough for me though

Comment

The required specs for Emperor: Battle for Dune is:

PII 400
                  64 MB RAM
                  16 MB video card, 3D accelerated...

I currently (at least for another week or so) run it on an:

Athlon 650
                  768 MB RAM
                  32 MB G400

I run the game at 640x480, 16-bit color and all graphics settings are medium. It runs fine unless I get into a big fight. At that point Emperor drops to about 2-5 fps, and my system goes crazy. After about 2-3 hours of playing my computer gets exhausted and crashes (I can run Counter Strike for hours on end with no troubles).

My friends computer:

Athlon 800
                  256 MB RAM
                  32 MB nVidiot GeFarce 2 GTS

He can run it at 32-bit color, 1024x768 and all graphics set to medium...wow!

We'll see how my new PIII 1 GHz, Kyro II system runs it.

------------------
                  ]@/\/\/\/\|Ø\0©|&lt;

Athlon 650
                  256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
                  87 GB storage from WD & IBM
                  Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
                  SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
                  Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
                  Please email me if you would like to contribute to the "Jammrock needs new toys" fund.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jammrock,

I'm very surprised your friend's system couldn't handle it all on the highest setting. A GF2 GTS can handle everything on the highest @ 1024x768x32 in Emperor EXCEPT shadows preferably turned OFF. Shadows is the major slowdown for everyone. Whether the other settings are on Medium or High doesn't matter a bit.

ps. Emperor is one of those games the Kyro2 isn't anything spectacular at.

[This message has been edited by fds (edited 25 June 2001).]

Comment

I remember when I was the sh*t b/c I got Quake to run smoothly at 320x240, with my 486(DX4/120). That and a Diamond Viper 3200 w/ VRAM (yes, that's the last time I paid $275 for a video card, and that one lasted).
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My longest lasting Vidcard was my trusty Matrox Mystique 4 SGRAM!
                        it outlived 3 motherboards!
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I thought I tried it with shadows disabled...hmmmmm...I'll haft to try again.

Jamrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

"Emperor: BFD" makes my dual 700's really start to show their age. Wah!

OTOH, Gig chips are cheap now. I might have to buy a couple. Anyone want my 700's cheap? They're guaranteed to run at 933 with adequate cooling... (read: NOT the stock fans, hehe)

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, I'd take your 700's if I had a mobo to use them in...

Comment

Working...
                              X