Man overboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man overboard

I ran out of patience about a week before the announcement of the G550, and bought myself a GeForce3.

When I saw the headlines about a new MGA card the thought appeared for a split second that maybe I should have waited another week.

Hehehe. Nah... Don't think so! HeadCasting? Is that the best you could come up with?!

Considering my G400Max still can't output properly to my PAL TV after 1.5 years of complaining and driver updates, aswell as the specs. for the G550 beeing reviewed... well, I just couldn't be any more satisfied with my choise.

However, keep the good mood up fellas. Myself I won't buy another Matrox product until hell freezes over, but that's just me.

Bye Bye!
    /Hamlet

------------------
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

ROTFL

Hope you drown in nV waters (a better choice of card could have been made
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

This has nothing to do with Matrox Hardware, just your personal opinion.
      Off to the SOAPBOX with ya.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

We got to face the facts, guys... for 3D gaming the word is Nvidia. However, I´ll stick with Matrox for a while...until Christmas, when I´ll upgrade my computer. If a fast and visual artifact-free gaming board from Matrox is out before that, I´ll buy it.

Comment

I just go with both, heh.

------------------
          Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
          SYSTEM1
          Asus A7V133 - K7 - 1.2 GHZ - GeForce 2 GTS 64mb
          768 MB PC133 - 170 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
          Asus P3BF 1003.A - P3-500 - G400Max
          256MB 6NS - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

Hello... my name is ami. and this is my signature.
          Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
          Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
          1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
          200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
          Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
          768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Yes you are, but is that email addy working?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

TO THE CRAPPER WITH HIM!!!

Oh wait...

we still don't have a Crapper...

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

BOOT!!!1
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Mine? yup. is now.
                  Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                  Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                  1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                  200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                  Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                  768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We got to face the facts, guys... for 3D gaming the word is Nvidia</font>
                    Didn't you forget about Radeon and KyroII?

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, sure. What I meant was that Nvidia, as the top-selling 3D graphics boards, has an advantage over the others: It´s more likely that the games are optimized for them; more drivers come out; more patches come out; more utilities come out; more information is available (dedicated sites, etc.).
                      This wouldn´t mean that I wouldn´t buy ATI (2D is great) or Kyro II (the price is good). But the fact is that Matrox is lagging behind. I´m a graphic designer and along with my Trinitron tube I have a G400 to match. But I´m a gamer, too. So, I must have a compromise between 2D quality and 3D speed. Nvidia sucks in 2D, though.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I meant was that Nvidia, as the top-selling 3D graphics boards, has an advantage over the others: It´s more likely that the games are optimized for them</font>
                        Unfortunely that´s true, and that´s sad. Part of those "optimizations" are just quick turn-arounds because of hardware and driver flaws that unfortunatly screw it up for other video cards. Developers should optimize their games for DirectX or OpenGL and hardware makers should optimize their hardware/drivers for those API´s.

About more drivers coming out, that´s not always good. A leaked driver per week is just too much, IMHO

Comment

Working...
                        X