Why do users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do users?

Who haven't got a clue with windows 9x try and install and use linux. It's a helpdesks nightmare.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Because once a fool always a fool.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It's getting better though. I just installed RedHat 7.1 on my girlfriend's computer, and it's never been so simple for me to install an OS. It detected all the hardware, and a few clicks had it up and running. I wish Windows products were that easy to install (no, I haven't installed 2K).
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Why do users who haven't got a clue even own a computer in the first place?

Comment

Sometimes to learn about computers, sometimes due to their jobs, others to just chat and babble aimlessly
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Good enough reasons!

Comment

Unfortunatley it seems most of these poeple (At our place) think it's easier than windows. Thats if they can find the power on button.
              Lunix is getting better a lot better but it's still got a long way to go. It's fine when it detects the hardware first time but it can be a bugger when it doesn't.
              I was quite impressed with Mandrake 8 although it got confused over which network card it was using. At that stage I doubt that the normal Joe Bloggs would have a clue what to do.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X